BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished 2 trips with Timmy this weekend, spending a total of 15 hours on the boat, and I caught one little tog. Some trip.

Well I only caught one fish because I was to busy netting fish for my kids & taking pictures. Timmy did a great job Friday. We left the dock at 1pm. The plan was to chunk some stripers, pick a few tog & end the trip with some drum. The plan worked great with 3 big stripers to 41lbs., 10 tog to 5.5 lbs. but no drum. This was fine because after 10 1/2 hours I think the kids wore old Timmy out.(Tim, Matthew says he is sorry about the fish hook).
Back at the dock about 11pm with a very tired & happy crew.

Saturday morning we met Timmy at the boat to clean fish. While we are there Jason comes in on the other Clean Sweep with 3 huge fish (posted above). With this Timmy gets all worked up & plans are made to go out early the next morning to get my daughter Ann a big fish, since her brother got the big one Friday. I can't beleive Timmy loves to fish as much as he does.

Sunday morning we are back at the dock by 9am with 3 big fish. The largest being Ann's 38lb. IGFA junior record (also posted above).

Final tally for the weekend. My kids 41.5 & 38 lb. stripers & 9 nice tog. Me 1 small tog. Fishing does not get any better than this. Now I have 2 kids that have caught bigger stripers than I ever have. My 5 year old is almost ready, but I don't think Timmy is ready for him.

Thanks to all who made this a great fishing weekend.

Lucky Dad,

Matt

·
Registered
185 Posts
that is a wonderful story, i'll be emailing that one. probably the only people in the world that I'd be happier for if they have caught bigger stripers than me would be my own children. when i do have one soon, i might have to hire your children as their babysitter. i was showin my godaughter how to reel in on the surf this weekend. it was cool and had me thinking about the future. congrats Matt.

jj

jj

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Matt,
Great post! My son told me he's ready now too! Get ready Timmy.

Matt,
If you have any pictures you would like me to post on here for you, just email them to me & I'll post them for you.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Tim were are getting set here to to book a trip with ya! Kids want to get some of them biguns. Paul let me know if your up for a kid day out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.