BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the gps #'s are for the 19 fathom lump? I see it get referenced alot but I can't pin it down on my chart. Thanks
I also have a question about swivels for trolling. Last year we ran one barrel swivel in between the mainline and the leader when we trolled. Not all but alot of the lines got heavy twisting. Can anyone tell me how many, what kind, and where on the lines they recommend swivels when trolling?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Many swivels bind under pressure. You have to use good ball bearing swivels when fishing offshore. We use Sampo and Spro. The Spros are a little smaller for the same pound class. When we are not using wind-on leaders on our 50s, we use black 60# or 100# ball bearing coastlock snap swivels. We check the swivels every time we put them out and give them a shot of WD-40 at the begining of the trip. Replace the swivel at the slightest sign of corrosion or the swivel starting to bind up from entrapped salt.

If you are getting a lot of twisting while using baits, you need to check if your baits are spinning too. Fish won't strike a spinning bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts