BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much thought and internal debate, I will probably be putting my current SeaCraft up for sale within the next month. I am looking to go bigger. I have put approx 300+ hours on her the past three years and she has been a very dependable ride for me.

Here are some specifics:
  • 1972 23’ SF, with enclosed transom and full flotation bracket. Blue hull with green bottom paint.
  • Twin 200 200 HP OX66’s. Approx 500 hours. Run like champs & never an issue (knock on wood). WOT up to mid 50’s & cruise at low to mid 30’s (approx 1.5 to 1.7 MPG at cruise).
  • Two clean gas tanks (had them checked out last year & were found to be clean as a whistle). First tank holds approx 90 gallons and the second tank holds 40 gallons.
  • Misc electronics including a Raymarine combo radar & GPS, Garmin GPS, Raymarine DX600 FF & VHF radio
  • Bennett 16 x 12 sportsman trim tabs
  • Deck raised & replaced by Young brothers boatworks in Southern NJ in 2002.
  • New (as in Jan 2010) winter cover.
  • 2007 dual axel, roller TideWater trailer
Here are some pix.

I will be happy to provide any interested parties with a soft copy of the survey that was performed three years ago by Bob Dunkelberger.I will be getting the boat tuned up within the next 2 weeks. Also, I will be getting a price estimate to get the exterior painted.
Three years ago I paid $25k, plus spent $3,500 for the trailer. I will sell her as is for $15k, firm.
If I don’t sell her now, I will get her painted (as well as get a couple of transom stress cracks fixed [I believe that they are purely cosmetic & will have this verified during the paint estimate). Also, I will probably paint the deck. She needs it. Lastly, there are a couple of scratches on the cowlings.
The boat and trailer are currently located in Highbar Harbor, NJ.

If you have any questions, please free to ask away.
Thanks for looking.
Peter

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's official. She is for sale at $15k. I just had her tuned up. Also, I just painted the bottom of the boat and flotatation bracket so she is ready to be splashed for the season.

Peter

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the interest. I will post some new pictures within the next several days. Also, while I continue to own/use the boat Ii will make some cosmetic tweaks to her.

Peter

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me just state the obvious. I know that the boat selling market stinks, and I have priced the boat accordingly.

Personally, I think that this is a terrific deal. I have looked at all other SeaCraft's out there for sale and there is no other boat that comes close, in terms of the total package (twin engines, full enclosed transom, electronics and etc) for the money.

I have not advertised this boat on any other site, becuase i would prefer to deal with someone local.

Also, i am in no great rush.

Peter

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan/IGOTWORMS

I tried to email you back, but your address does not seem to be working

here is my cell phone number

Peter

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like my baby has been sold. I am both happy and sad at the same time. Sounds like she will be going to a loving home.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.