BASS BARN banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #42 ·
Bottom Farrowed

The bottom paint was stripped using Cardinals Farrow System. The machine was great it saved alot of time sanding layers of bottom paint off. I found a few areas that will be repaired before applying epoxy barrier coat. its nice to start the season off with a nice clean bottom.

before:

The green spots on the bottom is 3M vinylester putty to fill in any minoy scrapes and gashes. Not necessary but I want to do everything right and I know what I have underneath the bottom paint.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
update

Well The bottom is epoxy barrier coated with interlux interprotect two part epoxy barrier coat. I put a layer of petit vivid white bottom paint up to the chine. I am going to get a waterline and bring the white up some more. I got her all wired up trim tabs are working, bilge pump, led under gunnel lights... I can't get the engine to do anything. I am trying to not take the motor to a dealer so if anyone can help in wiring my suzuki df140 motor I will pay CASH!!! You can come on the first voyage if you want as well! Or go fishing on her this summer on this one of a kind potter seacraft! All the wires are run they just have little quick connects that are plug and play but I can't seem to get them right. If I do have to go to a dealer which suzuki dealer would you recommend closest to ocean city area?

Me painting

epoxy barrier coat

Really nice work. That console will look outstanding when you have all rigged and in the water. Congratulations and thanx for giving us something to follow during this nasty *** winter:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #53 ·
update

Well I got her all rigged up so shes's running. I installed the bilge pump, and some more wiring. I also got the under gunnel Blue LEDs installed they look awesome in the dark. I heat shrinked all the connectors and its all coming together. Wednesday looks like its going to be nice hopefully I'll have her all buttoned up ready to see how she sits in the water. I have no clue how she'll sit as the decks raised and new four stroke engine.

Awlgripped the trailer fenders the same color as hull Aqua Mist never thought i'd awlgrip trailer fenders but when you want the sweetest rig around you do what you gota do. This ride is starting to be all pimped out. A boat broker walked through the shop a couple weeks ago and said you guys should call yourselves pimp my boat. Thought it was pretty funny but true.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
She's wet

Well I put her in today and she ran like a champ. It has a brand new suzuki 140 four stroke so I had to break it in. Thats never fun especially when your 22 and you just want to punch the throttle to full. I was good though kept her under 3000 rpm for first hour and 45 then under 4000. tomorrow I can give her a little full and she what shes got. Had a blast and the scuppers are a good 5 inches above the water line.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Looks great! I saw you today by the SP/longport Bridge. I was in the yellow 21 contender. Nice boat and your work looks like it paid off. Gonna put a top on her?
Thanks I saw your boat as well when I came under the bridge. I love those 21 contenders. A true pocket offshore fishermen that can run with the big boys. I would love to move up to one of them one day but for now I'll stick with a 20 seacraft. Yea I want a t-top and may possible make one out of foam and carbon fiber not sure yet. Did you get any bass working those banks?

Discussion starter · #58 ·
now you have to get it dirty with fish blood, I would even hate to do that, she looks great .I hope to see it up close one day.

Joe R.
20ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II
I want to get blood on those decks bad. The boat is most likely going to Hatteras where she'll be fishing the gulf stream the end of May. Sure way to break her in and get some Mahi blood all over everything.

Discussion starter · #59 ·
more pics of her running

I took her out again today to finish breaking the motor in. I got her up to 38kts with just me and 37.5Kts with 2 people at 6000rpm maybe a little more. I could tell it has more prop in her if I want to get it propped right. I know the boat can get over 40kts with a 140 zuke 4 stroke ain't bad. I've had Yamaha 4 strokes and the Zuke is def quieter at idle and smoother going into gear. I absolutely love the whole package. I have 4 inches below the scuppers so I can only imagine what a 175 zuke 4 stroke would do maybe someday but not necessary as it was plenty fast for me. I have to build a nice electrons box to slide into console as the one in there is just temporary and a t top is on my mind. Might make a carbon fiber one and see how it goes. Keep it small 2 posts and a divinycell hardtop in proportion to the rest of the boat.

Thanks I saw your boat as well when I came under the bridge. I love those 21 contenders. A true pocket offshore fishermen that can run with the big boys. I would love to move up to one of them one day but for now I'll stick with a 20 seacraft. Yea I want a t-top and may possible make one out of foam and carbon fiber not sure yet. Did you get any bass working those banks?
I had a 27" short and missed a couple other nibbles. Only had a few clams left when they started biting. You need a nice tall windshield on that console. 39 kts is plenty good. Figure out what your normal load is going to be and prop it to run happy at a realistic cruise speed in the rougher stuff if you are going off the beach with it. I had a 19p on mine and it would hit 41 kts. But running offshore in 2-3's the boat would get up on top and start picking up too much speed for the conditions. At lower speeds the motor wasnt happy and the boat would fall off plane. I dropped an inch of pitch, lost 3-4kts top end but can cruise slower at a happier rpm in the slop. I cruise about 27kts at 4100rpms.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.