BASS BARN banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Fillet1, Good to hear you got one. I have a 14 1/4 x23 stainless because I picked it up for $75 shipped. I was told a 14 1/4 x 20 is perfect for that boat. I could tell it had more because from 5500 rpm to 6000 it jumped real fast. I wasn't going to put a windshield on yet because if I put a ttop on I have a guy that does nice EZ2CY enclosure and may get one of those made up as he'll cut me a break price wise. I still want to put 2 coolers on board one in front of the console and one under the leaning post. I found a Yeti for around $225 that is a good size but they are pricey may end up with one Yeti and one igloo. I took her out front off the beach a little and it ran good in some small swells. The Lenco trim tabs work great for tabbing her down. Is your Ttop factory did you get one made i would like to come check it out if possible. Where is she docked. I dock mine at Cardinal Marina in Somers Point.

Really

Really nice work - all of it.

I even enjoyed the taxidermy on the wall as well - some nice whitetail head mounts.

All in all a very clever young guy!

Loved your Dads helm woodwork also!

That's a sweet looking boat I hope she brings you much enjoyment.

Cheers!

Fillet1, Good to hear you got one. I have a 14 1/4 x23 stainless because I picked it up for $75 shipped. I was told a 14 1/4 x 20 is perfect for that boat. I could tell it had more because from 5500 rpm to 6000 it jumped real fast. I wasn't going to put a windshield on yet because if I put a ttop on I have a guy that does nice EZ2CY enclosure and may get one of those made up as he'll cut me a break price wise. I still want to put 2 coolers on board one in front of the console and one under the leaning post. I found a Yeti for around $225 that is a good size but they are pricey may end up with one Yeti and one igloo. I took her out front off the beach a little and it ran good in some small swells. The Lenco trim tabs work great for tabbing her down. Is your Ttop factory did you get one made i would like to come check it out if possible. Where is she docked. I dock mine at Cardinal Marina in Somers Point.
I think your motor is max rpm at 6200? You need to get the motor hitting that number with a full normal load - that would include the t-top and enclosure, fuel, ice people etc. That will give you a good starting point. If you are overpropped the motor is working too hard. If you check out propgods.com you will get some good info.

I am docked right around the corner from you. Behind the condos at harbour cove. Go past the gas dock and I am down on the left. Feel free to take a look. I bought a factory top from Bluewater Towers last year and installed it myself. I like the windshield even though I have a full enclosure because I run with no canvas all summer. The enclosure goes on in October.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.