BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an 1986 125 hp force 20"shaft engine,model#1258f6a.it is in great running shape.compression is as follows.145 140 150 145. new stator in 2004"$500" and new water pump in 2005.also carbs worked on in 2005 "cleaned and redone".comes with controls but no gas line and steering ,the trim and tilt motor is slowly going bad and will need to be replaced .it has a brand new prop put on in 2006!also it comes with one other 1986 125hp force engine ,that is good for parts"one bad piston"same motor and has everything from powerhead to lower unit.this is a good engine and has been really taken care of and is sold as is.engine is off boat and is for pick up only.i have clymer manual for engine and paper work for stator work done in 2004.price $500 obo,thanks ,matt

·
Registered
39,870 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yeah they are a pretty tough sell.Still have mine. Have some local intrest from a guy who just got a free boat.maybe spring. dave :( :(

[ 02-20-2006, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: davexx ]

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i know but had to give it a try.i still do not know why force has such a bad name.for all the trips i made with this motor i had very few things go wrong.easy to work on and parts are cheap,not that anyone would have to look far for parts because i have the "parts"engine that comes with it also.thanks for the info on ebay will give it a try on there too,matt

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
hey sweet release1,

I am interested in the motors, does the parts motor have a trim and tilt motor?. It in running condition now? Can I come and see it? Let me know ASAP, [email protected]

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
73slickcraft,the one motor runs great.the other "parts"motor does not have trim or tilt and is takin apart some what ("power head" )so no that one does not run :D the running motor is in delmont nj. being takin off my boat.maybe i can set something up where you can go down there and see.the parts motor is at my house in hammonton.as for trim and tilt ,it is the trim motor that is going bad i got a price of $285 for one "new"not sure about used.my cell is 609 377-9716 please give me a call if you would like to set something up,matt

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
sweet release 1. do you by any chance want to sell the motor cover from the parts 125(mine is in poor shape) let me know. thanks dave

Or anyone else have one?

ps:I have a pratically new cover for a 1988 force 125 if anyone needs one. :( :(

[ 02-24-2006, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: davexx ]

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dave ,the cowling is in pretty good shape if you want to take a look just give me a call thanks ,matt

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks rob,looks like i have to go to ebay.i saw two on there and they whent for $800 and $650,and they did not even have parts engine or good compression :rolleyes: maybe i start looking for a boat to put it on.that way i would have two boats :D oh well thanks again rob, matt

·
Registered
483 Posts
your welcome matt give me a buzz some time early spring need to do some night lurking or just some plain old fishing . drop me a call and i pick u up on the way down. lol i hear spring is right around the corner! 609-820-1130

1 - 20 of 25 Posts