BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking up a new to us 1988 chris craft seahawk 216, this saturday to use as our trailer boat. it is equiped with a 150hp evinrude

any one have information on the boat? i have no knowledge whatsoever, and am taking it site unseen, the boat is free. but is said to be turn key.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Had the '88 23 footer with a 200 Mariner...great boat...only complaint was the short, old style center console...comfy for seated driving...but too low for stand up protection.

Hull ran great but as I said...I had the 23...if fit and finish are the same and probably are..it was mid road or better than many of the 80's boats.

There are a few around of both models....hopefully someone with the 216 will respond....

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was that the one on craigslist?
it is an ederly gentlemen who is moving to florida and does not want to sell the boat.

i have no idea on the actual condition but was told it is turn key and solid.

wont be putting much money into it as it will be used as a back up/trailer/cruising boat. so im not to concerned with the fit finish and cleanliness.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I have a 1985 I/O that I love, great ride and plenty of room. Mine needs a motor so I am looking for a mercruiser 488 to get it back in the water if anyone has one available

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've never owned one but looked into buying a walkaround version a few years back. The boat looked decent to me. But the one I looked at was in rougher shape than I wanted at the time.

There is one for sale on THT, that looks amazing. Imagine what your free boat could look like with a little TLC. The seller wants $15k and its only about an hour for me. I wish I had the cash because I'd go take a look at it.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-s...-213-w-full-transom-dive-bracket-reduced.html

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a 1987 215 Seahawk WA with the open transom. The 216 was the inboard/outboard WA model so the previous owner must of repowered and bracketed the engine. I have a 99 200 Zuk on it and it will get up to about 50 at WOT. This is my first boat so i dont really have much go compare it to except some friends boats. It is a heavy boat at about 3500 pounds which helps it handle the rough stuff well and it has dry ride. As for the longitudal cracking.. i did alot research on it and apparently it was the CC models that were having alot of problems in 89 to early 90's when Chris Craft was bought out by another company. Hope some of this info helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.