BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gotta pair of '90 yam's 200 hp 25" shaft counter rotation here's the model #'s port L200EXTD starboard #'s 200EXTD
clean pair,the customer is repowering...

price is $2,900 for the pair....if you're interested,drop me a line....

[ 12-16-2005, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: jawz ]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
3000 for engines, how much is a bracket again???

:D

(I guess people like the notchback boats to work on the engines???)

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by CastawayRay:
3000 for engines, how much is a bracket again???

:D

(I guess people like the notchback boats to work on the engines???)
ray...i would have to look up the price of the bracket....

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by barnaclebillsmarine:
Anyone that works on outboards like notchback boats due to the fact the engines last longer then mounted on a bracket.
how true is that.....brackets are a crime against nature..... ;)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
How many hours on these units and do you have compression numbers?

Would you prefer I call you?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
What makes motors last longer on a notch rather than a bracket ? New info for me. Thanks dave :confused: :confused:

[ 12-17-2005, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: davexx ]

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the engines will take less water in the cowls...they will corrode less...plus with the bracket sticking another 3' behind the boat there's a difference in how the boat will handle in reverse-you will run into stuff first time out...in reverse you will have to trim the engines up-this will deflect water better...
last point....twin outboards will not turn like a twin inboard rig will-the engines are too close together...think of it like this....stand behind someone,put your hands on their shoulders,push on their right shoulder,the person will move left-and the opposite is true...
now move your hands to the middle of their back-push with your right hand...what happens??? they move straight....same is true with outboards-too close together....counter rotation is for a list that would develop at a higher rpm and steering torque....
any more questions ?????

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
This is a very bad topic to start with and I know I should of keep quiet but its true. You must keep up with a bracket outboard or it will fall apart. The only outboard that was ever made to hang from a bracket and breath all the salt was the OMC Sea Drives. They had duct work that pulled in air from the inside of the boat. The had flapper drains that only let water out and not in. They were made to hang out there and take waves halfway to over the motor cover. However they still allowed salt water to enter the lower cylinders when the exhaust ports were open in a heavy sea. 9 times out of 10 when a bracket ouboard failes it the lower cylinders. Some people love brackets and some hate them.

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by barnaclebillsmarine:
This is a very bad topic to start with and I know I should of keep quiet but its true. You must keep up with a bracket outboard or it will fall apart. The only outboard that was ever made to hang from a bracket and breath all the salt was the OMC Sea Drives. They had duct work that pulled in air from the inside of the boat. The had flapper drains that only let water out and not in. They were made to hang out there and take waves halfway to over the motor cover. However they still allowed salt water to enter the lower cylinders when the exhaust ports were open in a heavy sea. 9 times out of 10 when a bracket ouboard failes it the lower cylinders. Some people love brackets and some hate them.
hey joe.. did you start this or was it me ????

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Thanks guys.Appreciate it.I won,t ask Dino vs Synthetic. dave :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ 12-17-2005, 10:15 PM: Message edited by: davexx ]

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Wow I hate my bracketed dual outboard boat now . Jimmie I am gonna come pick it up this week . Cancell all the work we were gonna do .
Just bustin balls .
Really boys you two are worse than the breast feeding Nazi's . If you dont breast feed your baby it will grow two heads . You two should love these boats as to all the work they afford you . You should get " Bracket Brother " T-Shirts for Barnfest .

·
Banned
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by DaPlumber:
Wow I hate my bracketed dual outboard boat now . Jimmie I am gonna come pick it up this week . Cancell all the work we were gonna do .
Just bustin balls .
Really boys you two are worse than the breast feeding Nazi's . If you dont breast feed your baby it will grow two heads . You two should love these boats as to all the work they afford you . You should get " Bracket Brother " T-Shirts for Barnfest .
hey kevin....what the hell does breast feeding have to do with outboard brackets ?????

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Originally posted by jawz:
the engines will take less water in the cowls...they will corrode less...plus with the bracket sticking another 3' behind the boat there's a difference in how the boat will handle in reverse-you will run into stuff first time out...in reverse you will have to trim the engines up-this will deflect water better...
last point....twin outboards will not turn like a twin inboard rig will-the engines are too close together...think of it like this....stand behind someone,put your hands on their shoulders,push on their right shoulder,the person will move left-and the opposite is true...
now move your hands to the middle of their back-push with your right hand...what happens??? they move straight....same is true with outboards-too close together....counter rotation is for a list that would develop at a higher rpm and steering torque....
any more questions ?????
On some boats they are a little Further apart ;) :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts