$2,700 OBO

Captain Phil

609-617-1009
[email protected]

[ 01-21-2006, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: Captain Phil ]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
is there room for a small block chevy under the hood?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That is the perfect car for my daughter. To bad she wont have her license for a year and a half. Small with no back seat.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine runs great.

Doesn't burn oil.

No shakes - drives smooth at highway speeds (65+).

Only in a monsoon or Nor'easter.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I would love to have it but I would look like an elephant rideing a pissant.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Don't know about a SBC but I've always wondered how mean those lil bastages are with the 302 swaps.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Phil:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by glennexit13:
Don't know about a SBC but I've always wondered how mean those lil bastages are with the 302 swaps.
??? </font>[/QUOTE]Phil, they have conversion kits to transplant the Ford 5.0 (or 302 as we knew it "back in the day") and I suppose they are the way to go for making a "poor mans Cobra" *with official FoMoCo power, just like the Shelby Cobras* ... but as much as I love ford, chevy is cheaper by FAR, every junkyard in america (and most of the world!) has the venerable small block chevy (SBC) in it ... you can dress up and hop up a chevy for half the price of a ford, and in my older but wiser mindset, it aint worth paying the extra for the ford label, go chevy, buy lots of go fast goodies and have FUN

:cool:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
capt phil; Im interested if you could give me some more info maybe a bottom line price. my 18 yr old daughter and wife are fighting over who would get it. The body looks good any rust? how many owners and where has it lived for most of its life. Also mx history if you know it. By the way the monster miata kits are awesome. With the proper upgrades these cars are rockets. Put a 289 in an austin healy 100-6 fits great and is lighter than orig six.Only way to tell is the fan on the front of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Capt phil thanks for the response. The wife is checking the insurance rates for it. Depending on the outcome I will be in touch. I assume you have the title for it with you. Long drive to wildwood for me. If I come down I will be bringing a trailer to take it home.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dozer...Car is located in Washington Township (rt 42), should be about and hour or so less then to Wildwood. Yes I have the title in hand.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
anyone have more info about these "miata conversion kits"?

I'd love to buy this car if I can install the 3.0 YAMAHA engine from my 1990 Ford Taurus SHO!

Len

1 - 20 of 46 Posts