BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS FOR A FRIEND 1994 GRADY WHIT 20FT WA
2001 EVINRUDE FICH 175HP LESS TEN 100HRS 82GAL FUEL. NEW WINDLESS NEW 300FT ANCHOR ROPE AND CHAIN FULL ENCLOSURE 2YRS OLD NEW CUSHIONS LORAN GPS FISHFINDER 2 VHF ICOM RADIOS NEW ANTENNA REMOTE SPOTLIGHT AMFM MARINE RADIO DUAL BATTERIES W SWITCH ALL COAST GUARD EQUIPMENT LOAD RITE TRAILER NEW MASTERCYLINDER AND WHEEEL BEARINGS ELECTRIC WINCH NEW STEERING DEALER MAINTAINED TURN KEY SELOING DUE TO POOR HEALTH FISHED OUT OF BOBS IN PORT NORRIS NAME OF BOAT IS ONE HAPPY DAD CALL 856 767 6473 BOAT IN ATCO NJ I CAN FAX PICTURES BUT NO SCANNER 26.000.00 OBO

[ 02-01-2005, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: phish4fun ]

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MOTOR WAS BOUGHT SUMMER 02 AS AN 01 LEFTOVER FOR 15.000.00. BOAT IS IN GREAT SHAPE.
26.000.00 SEEMS HIGH TO ME BUT ITS NOT MY BOAT.
SELLER WILL TAKE OFFERS BELOW THAT PRICE

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
after reading the dumbcomments above the owner of this boat looked into it and the fict motors were junk as described above till 1999
after that date their motors have been very reliable. evinrude spokesman told him also that the first 100hrs is pretty much the breakin peroid.the motor still has the factory warranty.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
A little harsh there Grady Lady don't you think ?

2001 FICHT's were actually pretty good, the 1998- 2000 models had most of the problems and OMC solved most of the lower unit and powerhead problems by 2001. Bombie actually extended the warrenties on 2001 models after the aquisition.

Boat might be a little overpriced but as the man said, he's open to offers.

·
Registered
31,420 Posts
Originally posted by GRADY LADY:
Almost forgot for anyone considering this,just in
case you haven't heard that FICHT motor is pretty
lucky to have made it to 100hrs..Johnson filled them with junk parts when they knew they were gasping their last breths.My neighbors has blown up three times and he continues to have problems.
A) 2001 and beyond have been very good. It's a vastly different engine then the pre 2000 models.

B) If it was bought as a 2002 left over it is likely one of the engines Bomb re-did before they went back on the market. Bomb backed all the 2001 motors, they would not touch the 98-2000.

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seller would like to thank all the positive respones about the motor. we are all sure there are bad engines a their. he has not had any problems with the boat or motor.as i have stated earlier the man is 72yrs old and is sick. no punches pulled he just wants to sell it.i would like to think that the barners in here are honest as he is. the boat is priced high in my opinion but its not mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts