BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new ride. Does anyone here own this boat? If so could you fill me on the pros and cons of Pro Line boats?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a 200 Evenrude Ocean Runner on a bracket. Thanks for the link I will check it out.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
flukin nuts said:
don't mean to change the subject but rebait that is an ugly site. Looks like corsons.
Looks like the south side of Barney Inlst to me ..Been there done that..spike weakfish stack up in that Bar, in the summer...But not for the faint of Heart to fish...every once and a while...a Big Roller washes up over that Bar..

Liv 2 Fish
Forced 2 Work..

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would bet my A$$ it is LEI on the outer bar.:cool:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am also looking at the 22 and 23 ft Wellcraft Costals. I feel like a kid in a candy shop only on about a 12,000 dallar budget.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Well, I see some responses on the link. I think your 1st consideration should be do you want a walk around? My thoughts were always for a WA, but I found most of the time one does not use the cabin. And by having a WA, you change the way the boats handle/ride. I'm no expert though.

Open hull mako 23' are a very good viable option if you look for an open boat.......

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A Frayed Knot said:
I would bet my A$$ it is LEI on the outer bar.:cool:
I agree!!!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Have a 20' Grady 208 walk around. Love the boat, next bout will be the same hull, but be CC.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re-Bait said:
Well, I see some responses on the link. I think your 1st consideration should be do you want a walk around? My thoughts were always for a WA, but I found most of the time one does not use the cabin. And by having a WA, you change the way the boats handle/ride. I'm no expert though.

Open hull mako 23' are a very good viable option if you look for an open boat.......

I have a 21 ft W/A now with a very small cabin and an enclosure. I have considered a C/C but I like having the enclosure and being protected from the elements. The w/a also gives you alot more storage for gear and is more family friendly. I liked the Proline I went to look at the other day but I want to look around and see what I find.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Edge said:
Have a 20' Grady 208 walk around. Love the boat, next bout will be the same hull, but be CC.
I have 2 friends that fish that same boat one is from the 70's and is a mid 80's. They are both nice riding boats but want a little more room.

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
Rick did you contact the former JAWZ??? He has some nice rigs he worked on at a decent price. He has a nice 25 gradyfor a little more than you are gonna spend on the proline

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the Proline 210 CC that I purchased new in 1990. Probably one of the best investments I've ever made. Great DE bay and back bay boat, as well as the inshore wrecks (It's powered with have a 200 Merc). With yearly TLC, it still looks great and is as solid as a rock. As a fishing machine I prefer the CC, but I also liked their WA's. I shopped hard before buying this boat and, at the time (and maybe still), to me they were the best value for the $$. No regrets at all!

Good luck regardless of which way you go.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
First What Fatboy Said.
Afk--will Be The Usual Crappy Saturday. Start At Some Boat Yards And Keep Going--take A Digital And A Notebook And Then Lay Them Out And Compare To Yacht World.com. Then Deal Hard And Walk Away If It's Too High.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts