BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage 15 Jet Boat.

Boat is in immaculate condition ... gel coat still gleams like new.

Features:
* 15' Fiberglass center console w/ bench seat
* 115 Hp OMC Turbojet Inboard Jet Motor
* 1995 Load Rite Single Axle Bunk Trailer
* 6 grab rail-mounted stainless rod holders
* bimini top with boot
* fishfinder/depthfinder
* blower
* running lights
* bilge pump
* anchor & rode package
* Richie compass
* lots of storage space in front locker, under seats, and under rear hatch
* horn (not currently hooked-up)
* less than 300 hours on boat w/ first 200 of those hours on a freshwater Canadian lake
* front-mounted flip back cooler seat (not shown in picture)
* trailer has heavy duty stainless diamond plate walk ramp
* trailer has new jack, winch strap, lights
* always stored indoors until this year
* all yearly winterization by the original whaler dealership that sold the boat new (Clews & Strawbridge in Frazer, PA)

Boat is currently stored at my house in Howell, NJ.

Asking $6,000.00 Firm ... trust me, you won't find a nicer Whaler of this age.

- Thanks,
Gr8ful Fish / Gr8ful One

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't get it. :confused:

I see people buying beat-up, old 1970's 13 foot Whalers for almost this much money with little 40 horse egg beaters on them.

This one is only 10 years old. It is a 15 footer. It is in mint shape, and it comes with a 115 Hp inboard jet.

She is fast, easy to launch, never been kept in the water, and is unbeliveably seaworthy.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Old great one ---- Your boat does look sweet but I think people shy away from the Rage because I believe that the engine is an issue with them. Seems to have a history of problems. I'm looking for something small to trailer in and out of the water but at 6'3" a 15 footer might be too small. The price is right and it looks great, I was even thinking of looking at it but it might just be too small. The jet is nice because you don't have to worry about your prop and you can get in low water. Hmmmmmm, still thinking though.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
thats the thing, those jets get into skinny water, if it can float it can move, lol. Hes right tho, people do pay ridiculous amounts for those ugly little rough riding zero freeboard kidney busters, the only reason they made it sinkproof is cause its such a shallow design that its constantly swamped!
That Rage on the other hand ...
sweet!

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the props on the Rage, Ray.

She really is a great little boat, and I can't believe someone hasn't snatched it up.

Maybe I should:
1. beat the hell out of it with a sledgehammer
2. rip the jet engine out & replace it with a 40 horse outboard
3. cut the gunnels down to half their current height
4. cut extra holes in the center console to make it look like their have been several jury-rigged electronics packages installed/removed over the years
5. add some badly deteriorated teak to the hull

After those modifications, I could then advertise it as a 1974 Whaler 13 for $6k. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this would make a great Christmas present for a fisherman whom has been extremely good this year.

- Gr8ful

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had someone contact me that may be interested in this boat after New Years, but for now, it is still available.
-Gr8ful

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phillyfishing:

This one doesn't need any fixing. She runs perfectly.

However, repair to a jet boat would be no different than any other inboard motor. The motor is a 4 cylinder 115 Hp OMC inboard. The only difference is that the motor powers a spinning impeller rather than a spinning propeller. Water is drawn into the motor and the impeller pumps it back out which is what propels the boat - exactly like a jet ski.

Truthfully, they are probably less maintenance than a standard inboard, because there are no boot seals to go bad. they are also less maintenance than an outboard, since there is no propeller to bang up on the bottom in shallow water and no lower unit gearing to worry about.

- Gr8ful

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boat is located in Howell, NJ which is southern Monmouth County.

Call me at (609) 820-1300 if you would like to take a look any time.

- Gr8ful

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once again, this is a great boat that is in great condition.

This boat won't leave you with loose dental fillings, and it won't make you wetter than the catch in your cooler after a day on the water like a Carolina skiff, a whaler13 or some of those other low freeboard skiff designs.

She's dry, stable, unsinkable, and she can get into the skinniest water with no fears of damage.

- Gr8ful

1 - 20 of 30 Posts