BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is my pride and joy, simply put. When I first discovered THT when I started looking for a boat, and all of my research for the ultimate smooth riding fuel efficient battle wagon center console pointed to the 21' Sea Cat. Well 2,800 posts and 3 years later, I was able to find the "one", its time to let it go as my life/job take me in a different direction where this boat will not be able to get the use and attention she deserves.

Basics:

14,500$.

Two owner 1995 Sea Cat SL1

21' 6" LOA 8.5' beam 18" draft motors up.

Twin 2003/2004 Yamaha 70 Two Strokes <200 hours.

Twin 40 gallon fuel tanks.

Hull:

Great condition, detailed semi anually, no softs areas anywhere, shines bright inside and out. New bottom paint this season. Some small spider cracks in gel coat where boat straps to trailer. Incredible soft ride and I am confident to travel as far as fuel will allow. Last year I made a 78 mile run down the Delaware Bay to the back bays of Bethany Beach. This boat has outrun mid 25' grady whites in 2-4' Ocean Slop. She has wreck fished Site 11 out of Indian River Inlet 22 miles one way, crossed the shipping channel of the Delaware Bay when poor weather suddenly approached yielding large tight chopped waves higher than the T top when in the trough (THT 6-8'ers, real life 4-5'ers
), all in confidence knowing the boat could handle it and without having your kidneys and lower back jar'd out of place like a mono hull would.

Motors:

200 +/- trouble free hours on the re-powered, 2003/2004 production year Yamaha 70hp two strokes. Previous owner estimated 75 hours when he sold me the boat, as his flounder hole was 1-2 miles from where he kept the boat and this was the only fishing he did. Since ownership these motors have always been freshwater flushed after each use, and they have received meticulous maintenance each season or on an as needed basis. Last week lower unit oil, spark plugs, carbs cleaned and new fuel filters in preparation for the spring striper run. Last year all new water pumps and fuel lines from the tank back as precautionary measures. Cruised today to the striper grounds at 5000 rpms yielding 23-25 knts depending on wind and tide, there is still room for more speed per Yamaha specs of 5600 rpm max WOT, re-propping would achieve that and I would defer to Ken at Propgods for information. I would estimate to have put an additional 150 hours on these motors since taking ownership three years ago. I have upgraded the motors with Permatrim Foils, a must have on the trim sensitive catamarans: "lower minimum planing speed, more responsive engine trim control, less bow rise while accelerating, improved fuel economy." I would estimate fuel economy in the 3+mpg range. Fuel always treated with startron ethanol treatment, fuel filters changed every six months or sooner if needed.

Electronics:

All new electronics in 2012, Lowrance HDS 8 packaged with the Structure Scan system and LSS-2 transducer, Navionics Plat+, 2500$ package, with West Marine Extended Warranty (not sure when this expires will have to check). Newer 200$+ Standard Horizon VHF with AIS capability. Garmin 192C GPS as back up system. Furuno Radar System, was operable when I purchased but display unit stopped functioning, so to be a complete system it will need a compatible display/unit/screen whatever you want to call it.

Trailer:

Overhauled last season from the ground up, all four new tires, hubs, new brakes on front axles, new surge actuator, winch, strap, bunks and rollers. Wouldn’t hesitate to haul to Florida tomorrow.

Extras:
T-Top 3-sided canvas (telephone booth style, not spray/wing curtains)
Center Console Canvas
Leaning Post Canvas
Two new batteries last season.
T-Top LED Spreader lights.
Gunnel Mounted outriggers
Boat will come with all necessary safety equipment, anchors and rode, dock lines, PFD’s.

Contact Info:

Post/Private Message/Email/Text/Call
[email protected]
(302) five nine three-0451

Will consider trade plus cash for 16-18' skiff or aluminum jon boat with fourstroke power

1 - 7 of 7 Posts