BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
32' Albemarle Express - Looking to sell this season

Boat Vehicle Watercraft Ship Fishing vessel Boat Vehicle Watercraft Ship Patrol boat, river Vehicle Boat Naval architecture Watercraft Ship Vehicle Boat Transport Watercraft Yacht Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Fender

+++++++EDIT - She is a 1992 hull. Not a 1996, as stated in the title of the post. Sorry about that. ++++++++++++++

Hey guys. Dad is retiring and getting an RV. Already sold the house in Brig. so no where to put the boat this season. This is just a pre-broker outreach to anyone who may be interested in upgrading to a 32' or looking to start here. Anyone who has ever been on an Albemarle knows they are tanks. This boat cuts through all types of seas and gives you a safe comfortable dry ride all the way out and back home. I'm going to give some quick specs off the top of my head but please contact me for more detailed info and candid answers to any question you may have. This is my father boat. He is selling it and I'm not real happy about it tbh so don't worry I'll give you the bood bad and ugly without hesitation.

please not this boat is VERY well maintained and VERY clean. It will be a bit cleaner once the starboard engine is installed this month.

twin 3116 Cat's - 300hp each
port engine about 1800 hours.
starboard engine is rebuilt (new block) as of this winter and will be installed in the boat in the coming weeks.
inboard diesel generator.
300g fuel tanks
RACOR T-Gauges (know exactly when its time to change your filters)
ALL NEW HOSES - installed 2013 season.
Underwater LED hull lights. Three across the back of the boat.
Auto pilot (amazing feature)
high powered fish finder (personally seen it read to 5000 feet in the canyon)
tied in system multi function GPs, Radar, Auto pilot and fish finder.
secondary GPS unit
new 2013 install Icom M504 with functioning distress button - and loudspeaker/fog horn. (awesome machine)
Fully functioning head and sinks
HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING in the cabin.
minifridge
vbirth with table
full functioning windlass
currently without a main anchor - I lost it on the south end of the Flour 2013 season.
clean and working isinglass full enclosure.
full functioning tuna tower
12man life raft
Eperb
Outriggers and Center rigger

The hull was sanded heavily and double coated with Interlux Primocon and followed up by two coats of Micron Extra each of the past 4 seasons. The rudders, trim tabs and prop shafts are sanded, primed and brushed with Trilux33 each season.

THE BOAT HAS AFTERMARKET LIFTING RAILS MOUNTED TO THE HULL. SPECIAL HINGES ARE REQUIRED TO PUT THE BOAT SAFETLY INTO THE SLINGS OF BOAT LIFTS. So going in, and coming out of the water this hinges (INCLUDED IN SALE. WE PURCHASED FOR THE BOAT). Without these hinges the straps WILL break the rail away from the hull causing damage to the gel coat and possibly the fiberglass. This rails are an amazing feature, with all that being sad. It keeps the boat very dry and helps plane faster and with less stress on the engines.

Non-functioning remote spot light

This boat is literally turn key canyon runner. The ONLY reason for selling at this point is my dad retiring and possibly moving and I cant afford to run the boat on my own. I average 1.3mpg running out and back. I cruise at 2100-2400 rpm's depending on sea conditions and load. This runs me between 19 and 24 knots. In open calm seas I've run 2400rpm's and gotten a solid 26-28 knots cruising speed. Whether I'm going 5 miles or 75 I set the way point on the auto pilot once I pass the bell buoy and put my feet up. I put the multi function display on tri screen with the radar being the larger of the three and then the auto pilot information and depth. It couldn't get much easier. I love the radar overlay on the GPS so I can mark boats or buoys on the chart. There are two holes in the gunnel on the port side that the previous owner installed to mount a custom build diver ladder. unfortunately we did not get the ladder in the purchase of the boat but a newly built ladder is an easy possibility if you are a diver.

This boat catches fish. It's ready to go immediately.

SO WHY IS THE STARBOARD ENGINE REPLACED!?!?!?!?!?! In September of the 2013 season I was on my way in from a deep water fluke trip and the engine smoked very heavy at start up. This is not normal the engines run beautifully and are well taken care of. What we hoped was a head gasket turned out to be 4 hairline cracks in the block. I don't want to say "common". But the older 3116 Cat's are known to have this issue come up because of the metals used to forge them when the manufacturing was outsourced to France in the 90's. Yes it is extremely bothersome and unfortunate but we got out hands on a replacement block and John Lane from Forked River Diesel did the handy work. Anyone in the Jersey area should know John is more then qualified to have done this work and there is no question the work was done well. There is a one year guarantee on the work John did to the starboard engine once it is installed (some time in the in the 2 weeks).

You can reply to this thread or send me a private message.

UPDATE +++++++++++++ Asking price is $54,900.++++++++++++++

·
Registered
319 Posts
What are you asking for it and what does the cabin look like? Can it be seen at Bayside Marina any time?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get a price from my Dad tomorrow and get back to you. The boat is hold up at the Atlantic City Boat Yard across from Atlantic City high school. The boat is currently shrink wrapped and without a starboard engine. Last word is the install will be happening this coming week. following the install there is at least one drain hose being replaced along with a serious scrub down. Then touching up the bottom and running gear/zincs/batteries ect. Having the engine pulled and installed turns out to be a bit of a messy operation. I am available to show the boat by appointment 7 days a week. You'll just have to imagine her a bit cleaner if you want to take a look before the engine goes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts