BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about a year I have read reports and asked questions which you all have been great asking. This spring I finally got a boat (from a Barner, 18 foot Nautico) and have know started to get some fishing in. So today I went out to Capt. Mikes near Tuckerton, not sure where to go I asked the 2 young men where to head out for the day and they said the ?Garden State South?. Not knowing where that is they said to head out front, go out 5 miles at 90 degrees Well I got about a half mile out in 20? of water at with a temp of 74 degrees but couldn?t see any boats way out at the 90 degrees heading. So we had a drift at about 15 minutes before high tide. With in 5 minutes we had 2 shorts in and out of the boat and that was it, slack tide hit. So after a million boats headed out passed us toward the 90 degree mark we decided to do the same. After a bit we found the armada fishing the ?Garden State? which seemed close to the ?Egg Harbor Reef? on my gps. Any way not much happened during slack tide until it started to move. We drifted at about .5 kph in 55 to 58? feet of water with a temp around 77 degrees. What a blast 3 flatties, 2 at 17? and 1 at 18? (those came home) plus 12 shorts, 6 sea bass most where a good size but all went back, 3 sea robins and 1 skate. All in about 2-1/2 hours. All fish where caught with minnows and squid strips. So thank you all for the great posts, informative dialog and answering all my questions. I finally get to give a little back.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I meant to say "you all have been great answering" Oops!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Bar Hopper,
Excellent report , thanks,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts