BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by an old friend that this first run of herring are not as Hardy as the ones that show later in the season.Is there any truth to this????We keep our pen in Chelsea heights next to the boat and in years past they have all died as we do every thing the right way.What do you guys think I may just freeze them this time around.But I do need some liveys for the back bay because theres nothing like it!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I learned many years ago that the early run herring just do not hold up for me. Therefore, I stopped chasing them in March. It is so hard to sit at home when my friends are banging limits but I know if I went I would just waste my time unless I was planning on freezing them, which I do not.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Very accurate report. We chased them for years, but since have given up due to the restrictions. Spent many of nights in mays landing loading up the trucks with no one even there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
HOW DO YOU CATCH HERRING FOR BAIT? DO YOU HOOK THEM OR USE A CAST NET? WHERE CAN YOU CATCH THEM... IN THE DELEWARE RIVER OR JUST DOWN THE SHORE?
THANKS. SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS.

·
Registered
95 Posts
PHIL LIVES ON A RIVER,

HE HAS BEEN HUNTIN ALREADY, BUT NOTHIN YET

1 - 13 of 13 Posts