BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in the cloudy and misty conditions after lunch time today and tried a newer technique this year. The result, the big bass loved them! It was a 3 and 1/2" white and pink grub on a small worm hook rigged weedless. Worked that real slow along the bottom and they ate it up. We had 11 total today with 4 bass, 1 perch, and 6 picks.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job! Didn't anyone ever tell you not to wear new jeans when you go fishing?:D
Thanks Dread! Haa, they are far from new, just darn good detergent! :D :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was waiting for a report. I figured there was no way you would pass up being out there today. Nice work as usual. I guess a trip to Dick's is in order now to get them grubs!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Way to Go Steve-O!!:bow: Yeah. I had some bites today on a white grub
attached to a jig and a little spinner. I may have to stock on those colors
you are using. I got 5 picks today using live minnows. I tried lures too.
I try whatever works. I even caught someone else's lost Yo-Zuri stickbait.:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Must be nice to be able to say "ho hum, *yawn* I'm bored catching all these fish on jerkbaits, so let me switch up to grubs now. Oh, look, another 11 fish." :)

What kind/size hook is that you got there steve-o? And did you weight the grub down? I don't see any shotweights - or were the hooks weighted?

Thanks - and nice job. ;)

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Way to get em! Like the grub!
Thanks JB!

Nice Fish
Thanks Hool!

I was waiting for a report. I figured there was no way you would pass up being out there today. Nice work as usual. I guess a trip to Dick's is in order now to get them grubs!
Thank man, figured i'd give them a try and it paid off! :cool:

We are not worthy :bow::bow::bow:
Haha, thanks Moosegate! :cool:

Way to Go Steve-O!! Yeah. I had some bites today on a white grub attached to a jig and a little spinner. I may have to stock on those colors you are using. I got 5 picks today using live minnows. I tried lures too.
I try whatever works. I even caught someone else's lost Yo-Zuri stickbait.
Thanks CAF! That's not bad!! Nice job!!

Do I smell white grub sponsorship?LOL. I can see it now...companies all lined up for product placement on steve-o's blogs:D Seriously tho- nice catch!
Ha, thanks Bltal!! :cool:

Must be nice to be able to say "ho hum, *yawn* I'm bored catching all these fish on jerkbaits, so let me switch up to grubs now. Oh, look, another 11 fish." :)

What kind/size hook is that you got there steve-o? And did you weight the grub down? I don't see any shotweights - or were the hooks weighted?

Thanks - and nice job.
Thanks Mazz! I was using size 2 worm hooks and depending on the depths, i added 1 of the smallest split shots i had onto the main line just above the knot. Deeper i would add one, real shallow, no need. :cool:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Nice Bass Steve-o, and nice informative report. Thank you. I got out about the same time as you and it took me a while to find fish. The weather was deteriorating but did manage a half dozen perch and a couple of pickerel. You have inspired me to target some Bass. I'll post if I have any luck. Dan

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice Bass Steve-o, and nice informative report. Thank you. I got out about the same time as you and it took me a while to find fish. The weather was deteriorating but did manage a half dozen perch and a couple of pickerel. You have inspired me to target some Bass. I'll post if I have any luck. Dan
Nice job Dan! Those perch aren't the easiest to catch this time of year, but once you find them, its on! Keep at those bass, they will bite, just have to agitate them a little this time of year. :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.