BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished a back creek of barnegat bay with a friend of mine today. We were bored, so we took his small boat and threw some soft plastics for white perch. We both missed a few hits, and then I hook up. Get it to the boat and its about a 12" BLACK DRUM, nice to get my first one, even if it was tiny. No idea they were still here.

My buddy had a small bass follow his xrap to the boat. Right at sundown he had a small fish grab his xrap right next to the boat, were not sure if it was a bass of a perch, but it was definitely a fish.

Decent day on the water, breezy, but not too cold, come on bass and winter flounder seasons

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Puppy drums are pretty cool looking. Should be some backbay action with the warm temps coming the next few days :thumbsup:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Good report. Thats a nice variety for the end of February.:thumbsup: ive never heard of drum being caught around us, more south in great bay .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We catch the big ones on the beach and in raritan bay. Barnegat has a pretty good drum run, and alot of exotics. Hard part is figuring out where they are

1 - 6 of 6 Posts