BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished another new technique today and it worked out pretty well! Live bait under bobbers!! We fished through the howling winds and managed 15 total with a perch, 6 bass and 8 pickerel with 12 coming on the live bait and the rest on stick baits worked slow. Even had a double header bass!! Reminded me of my younger days fishing for bluegill with worms... i still got that crazy feeling of excitement when that float went down as i did years ago!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Steve-O....awesome!

Please tell me that you usually wear a life vest in a canoe in the winter?! I saved an avid canoer a few years ago that hit the 40 degree water and his muscles completely locked up. Not trying preach but I would want you to be safe.:D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dam dude, you are killin it! Live bait is one of my best ways to fish. Excellent fishin, great report, you are the MAN. Keep at it. STEVE O for PRES:bow:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam dude, you are killin it! Live bait is one of my best ways to fish. Excellent fishin, great report, you are the MAN. Keep at it. STEVE O for PRES:bow:
Thanks R and W!!! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Way to go Steve-O. I try to look at the pictures and not get jealous. It is very hard to do. I started work this past Monday and all I can do is wait for good weather on the weekends. I am also a true believer in live bait, especially minnows. I caught my biggest bass last year, 5lbs. 7oz on a live minnow, and the minnow wasn't all that big (Dec. 5). Double header bass is incredible. Never had that happen yet. Maybe the Alabama Rig can produce something of that caliber. All I can say is that you were born to fish and someone is looking down on you and smiling.:bow:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Way to go Steve-O. I try to look at the pictures and not get jealous. It is very hard to do. I started work this past Monday and all I can do is wait for good weather on the weekends. I am also a true believer in live bait, especially minnows. I caught my biggest bass last year, 5lbs. 7oz on a live minnow, and the minnow wasn't all that big (Dec. 5). Double header bass is incredible. Never had that happen yet. Maybe the Alabama Rig can produce something of that caliber. All I can say is that you were born to fish and someone is looking down on you and smiling.:bow:
That is a niice fish,congrats!! Thanks Crazy, i think you are right about that last sentence. :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
2-24 Report with pix!!!

Snuck out real early in between the rain and hit them hard again with the live baits! Had 15 total with 3 nice bass and 12 picks!! Bigger live bait was working today!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
yep, i spent many a day fishing with killies or shiners under a bobber for pickeral, bass or perch, very nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yep, i spent many a day fishing with killies or shiners under a bobber for pickeral, bass or perch, very nice :thumbsup:
Oh yeaa!!! Thanks Esox!! :cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts