BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barometer was falling as that storm out west was approaching then turning south of our region! The fish were hitting harder this morning than all year so far! We fished for only 2 hours and had 16 total with 2 picks, 4 bass and the rest perch! Can't beat that for early February!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
616 Posts
nice day on the water! stupid question: how do you catch perch in the winter? I'm new to fresh water fishing and i'm trying to learn more about it so i can take my kids out.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice day on the water! stupid question: how do you catch perch in the winter? I'm new to fresh water fishing and i'm trying to learn more about it so i can take my kids out.
Same as any other fish just when the water is cold, slow down the retrieve and stop and start the baits until they smack it. :cool:

way to grab them. still haven't bought my license.
Thanks dsny! :cool:

those some nice perch!
Thanks SF! :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice Photos. I am either not fishing the right lakes or my fishing methods are not working at this time of year. Are you sure you are not tasing those fish with a stun gun? Lol. I have to make a trip up there and learn some of your methods.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Photos. I am either not fishing the right lakes or my fishing methods are not working at this time of year. Are you sure you are not tasing those fish with a stun gun? Lol. I have to make a trip up there and learn some of your methods.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast! You have to slow it waaay down this time of year and stop and start the baits even. Smallest baits too produce the best when cold. :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey Steve, what kind of water in that lake - clear or stained? Where are they, deep or shallow? Any structure involved? Weeds? Also want to compliment the fisherperson who has pink-wrapped guides! Nice!! I located a small lake off beaten track that gets little pressure but has stained water. Been told no fish there - too acidic. With all the waterfowl I bet there has to be some fish. Whaddya think?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.