BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the great weather again I did some work around the house and decided to take my little brother fishing.

Went to a small lake in howell to try for some pickerel and largemouth. Work our way around the lake with no hits, so I dig through my box and find my favorite lure, a 2" jointed rapala in brown trout color. Cast it out and bam, fish on. Its fighting weird and the colors look odd until I get it up to my feet, its about an 18" RAINBOW TROUT. Well that was weird. So we keep walking around and casting, because now I needmy brother to get one. Finally we get to this one little corner that feels good, he makes a cast and bang, gets his first pickerel, a nice 15" fish. Couple more casts and we went to the next lake.

Went to lake shenandoah, nothing, we only fished around the rental dock, but I can normally pull a few picks out.

Went across the road to the park lake, never been there before so I figured wed try. Nothing there either.

Another beautiful february day, and im glad to see that some of the stocker trout live in the lake and don't become tacos

·
Registered
537 Posts
With the great weather again I did some work around the house and decided to take my little brother fishing.

Went to a small lake in howell to try for some pickerel and largemouth. Work our way around the lake with no hits, so I dig through my box and find my favorite lure, a 2" jointed rapala in brown trout color. Cast it out and bam, fish on. Its fighting weird and the colors look odd until I get it up to my feet, its about an 18" RAINBOW TROUT. Well that was weird. So we keep walking around and casting, because now I needmy brother to get one. Finally we get to this one little corner that feels good, he makes a cast and bang, gets his first pickerel, a nice 15" fish. Couple more casts and we went to the next lake.

Went to lake shenandoah, nothing, we only fished around the rental dock, but I can normally pull a few picks out.

Went across the road to the park lake, never been there before so I figured wed try. Nothing there either.

Another beautiful february day, and im glad to see that some of the stocker trout live in the lake and don't become tacos
Thanks for the story, ill make sure i tell it to my kids when i put them to sleep :razz::razz:

·
Registered
537 Posts
HAHA...did u take any pics? i start my class on fri, might be calling you up for some helpful tips...

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Yellowfin, send to your email save to computer and upload to photobucket where you can get links you can copy and paste to the site or when you are typing a message as I am doing now you can click on manage attachments below and upload the pics straight to from your computer into your message. Hope this helps cause pictures really enhance a fishing report. Good job with getting your little bro out and getting on some fish....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Well if ya save them to the computer or photobucket you are not only saving photos for memories but also a fishing log if you sort by date and jot some info in as the picture name....:cool:-win-win...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts