BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for a couple hours before this front came through and they were feeding pretty darn good for 39 degrees!! They were hitting hard and almost every fish hit when the bait was stopped or paused on the retrieve. :cool:

The one picture is a shot of a tail hanging out of the pickerel's throat! He must have just eaten!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
way to get after them stevo! real nice!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice photos. Yeah, I just sent you an e-mail on the location. I will definitely try your technique and let you know how I do. I am going to try Union Lake on Friday. Wish me luck!;)

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice photos. Yeah, I just sent you an e-mail on the location. I will definitely try your technique and let you know how I do. I am going to try Union Lake on Friday. Wish me luck!;)
Slow slow retrieval is key, small suspending lures too! Stop and start them and hang onto your rod! :cool:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Amazing!! I've tried my cedar-water lake a couple times last few days from shoreline and get no hints of anything - except sunken lilypads. Obviously you're in a canoe away from shore. If you don't mind, what plugs/bait? What do you think of weedless (Carolina rig) plastic worms worked real slow on bottom?

Those yellow perch look like a good meal coming up! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazing!! I've tried my cedar-water lake a couple times last few days from shoreline and get no hints of anything - except sunken lilypads. Obviously you're in a canoe away from shore. If you don't mind, what plugs/bait? What do you think of weedless (Carolina rig) plastic worms worked real slow on bottom?

Those yellow perch look like a good meal coming up! Congratulations!!!
Thanks! Yes, small suspending minnow baits work great this time of year worked very slowly. Also senkos rigged that way will produce!

Great looking, heathy pickeral. Nice job :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Moose! :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job again Steve-O and friend.:thumbsup: Those are a couple of decent Pickerals and of coarse those Perch are out of sight.
Thanks Sham!!! Amazing coloration right now on them! :cool:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hmm! so your fishing a lake with a walking trail beside it;) Nice fish Stevo:thumbsup:Still no Crappies in that lake:huh:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm! so your fishing a lake with a walking trail beside it;) Nice fish Stevo:thumbsup:Still no Crappies in that lake:huh:
Thanks Igg! Have yet to catch a crappie!!! :confused: The pickerel got to them maybe...?? :cool:

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts