BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing dates are 4/9-4/13. We would have to arrive in Panama City on Saturday 4/7 and would fly home on 4/14/12. The trip is setup with Pesca Panama. I am stuck and about to cancel the trip because I am unable to find any local fishing buddies that have the time or money over the Easter holiday. I was originally going to fish with my father, but he had a massive heart attack and will be recovering from triple bypass surgery. I am easy to get along with and not some weird-o. The goal of the trip is to chase YFTs if they are chewing.

I have fished with Pesca Panama 2x before and they have a great operation. Fish on 28' Ocean Master CC's with 3 guys. Live aboard a decked out barge that has all the comforts of home, great food, and alot of fun. The benefit of the barge is that you are usually within a short trip to the prime fishing grounds when most land based operations have a 2 hour trip before fishing each day!

I need to know if anyone can do the trip ASAP as I am on the verge of canceling. Call me 609-713-6791. The approximate total cost for everything is around $4500pp which includes airfare to Panama, tip, drinks, all meals, hotel stays in Panama city, and flights to and from David.

--andy

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Andy,

If I did not have my current massive tuition bills (2 kids in private colleges), and had the time available, I would do it in a heartbeat. I know that you have had very good trips down there the past several years.

I hope that it works out for you.

Guys,

Andy is a fishing machine who always puts the time and energy into catching all species of fish. He is also a great guy (as is his Dad) to be on a boat with for an extended period.

Peter

·
Registered
168 Posts
Andy

That sounds like a gerat trip, please send me an email or call to dicuss.

[email protected] or 215-669-1349 during the day 609-726-0480 after 7 pm

Thank you

Rick

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Hmmmmmm

Andy, I'm very interested. I've fished Mexico, Costa Rica and Guatemala many times, always wanted to fish Panama. Q. I still need to add black marlin to my billfish total, are they fishing for blacks?

THX
EC

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, I will call you tonight after 7.

EC, I have fished Costa rica as well. Panama is far better. They occasionally catch sails and blues, but the mean Blacks are the most prevalent. Avg size is prob over 350#. Generally you slow troll bonita for bait in the middle (and hottest) part of the day --> stand-up 50W!! If you are seriously interested we should talk tonight.

check out pescapanama.com

-andy

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy, I'm very interested. I've fished Mexico, Costa Rica and Guatemala many times, always wanted to fish Panama. Q. I still need to add black marlin to my billfish total, are they fishing for blacks?

THX
EC
EC, I am off work tomorrow (thurs) between noon and 5pm, then after 8pm. Call me then if you want to discuss the trip. Rick is in, so we need 1 more and it's a go!!!!:D 609-713-6791

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Andy good luck w the trip. Sorry to hear about your dad hope he makes a full and fast recovery

I'm going down to paradise lodge the first week of April. Prime time for tuna in Panama :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts