BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a change of plans this weekend and can't make it to the Canyon Runner seminar this weekend....Anyone in need of 2 tickets? I would like to get what I paid ($135 ea.) but will consider offers...thanks!

·
Registered
671 Posts
You guys really are. I was truly impressed with the level of respect for people. I ran into Capt. Mark DeCabia one Saturday morning at the dock this summer while I was getting ready for a dive and he for a tournament of of Block Island. Mark took the time to show me the work horse of the fleet and answer a bunch of questions on inshore BFT. Thanks to his hints I was able to get into my first BFT, now Im hooked, see you guys in AC.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You guys really are. I was truly impressed with the level of respect for people. I ran into Capt. Mark DeCabia one Saturday morning at the dock this summer while I was getting ready for a dive and he for a tournament of of Block Island. Mark took the time to show me the work horse of the fleet and answer a bunch of questions on inshore BFT. Thanks to his hints I was able to get into my first BFT, now Im hooked, see you guys in AC.
Tommy - are you at Clark's or was this up in Block Island?

Thanks for that feedback - that's the number one rule for all our Captains and Mates. "Know-it-alls" that want to keep fishing tips and techniques secret form others or treat customers/clients/other fishermen with disrespect last about 30 minutes as a crew member with us!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts

Thanks for that feedback - that's the number one rule for all our Captains and Mates. "Know-it-alls" that want to keep fishing tips and techniques secret form others or treat customers/clients/other fishermen with disrespect last about 30 minutes as a crew member with us!!!
That was down in Clarks. He was going to give me a tour of the Richie but but I think you were sleeping in it. I recall him saying that the richie was on is way south for a bill fish tournament. BTW how did the crew fair in this seasons tournaments?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That was down in Clarks. He was going to give me a tour of the Richie but but I think you were sleeping in it. I recall him saying that the richie was on is way south for a bill fish tournament. BTW how did the crew fair in this seasons tournaments?
One of our anglers in the White Marlin Open - Brad Burgess - tied for 6th with releases and I think based on time ended up in 9th wiht a nice trophy - no cash.

Heartbreak in Mid-Atlantic $500 as we had a 105" Blue Marlin and 73" White Marlin on our last day of the tournament. With only one blue marlin on the board we were looking at a nice six figure check - unfortunatley she weighed 9 pounds shy of minimum wieght at 391#.

As for the white marlin - we were in second place for a total of about 10 minutes before we were knocked out completely when 2 heavier fish were wieghed in.

·
Registered
62 Posts

I've fished with you guys a couple times and this year will be my 4th seminar. I can't tell you how impressed with how willing everyone is to share information and the level of respect you give to everyone whether its on the boat or on the floor of a boat sow. Class act!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.