BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 31 Contender loaded and complete with brand new 2005 250 hp Suzuki four strokes. Furuno Navnet with 6kw open array 64 mi radar complete with heading sensor for radar overlay on chart and depth finder. Icom 502 VHF, Clarion stereo with 4 speakers and CD player. Set up for cell phone with digital antenna. 300 gallons fuel. 3 livewells, Keikeffer tabs, split console door and Frigid Rigid cooler with cushion set. Cooler has custom bracket to prevent it from sliding around. 3 Battery system with 3 brand new Odyssey gel filled maintenance free batteries. Fresh and saltwater washdown with hose coils and custom hose coil racks. Deep drop plugs, front and rear spreader lights, fluroescent light, 2 Bildge pumps with float switches. Complete curtain set including wings. 8 console rod holders with tee top pass through. Much much more. Just 45 hours and mint condition, turn key ready. Never stored in the water. Located in Stuart, Florida. I also have a triple axle trailer available if desired, and I can deliver her anywhere. Email [email protected] for complete photo set.

Asking 109,900.
NOW 107,900.

[ 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Boatsmith ]

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the best deal on a 31 Contender. Brand new engines, amazing Navnet with 64 mile radar. She is in showroom condition.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She has all the speed you could ever use unless you are an SKA type angler. Top end over 50 mph, and a cruise speed of 35-40. The most impressive part of the Contenders hull is their ride. They ride better as you you go faster . We were fishing in Sandy hook bay yesterday and the wind picked up in the afternoon, blowing up a solid two to three chop and we just didn't feel a bump running in at 4200 rpms. I have fished both a 31 and a 27 in the Canyons, including many overnighters, for the past 3 years and have been very impressed. Of course we pick and choose or days.

I love the fact that we can trailer to the fish, bites on in the Atlantis, we trailer her to Montauk, the Hudson we run out of Manasquan, and take her to Florida for the winter Sailfish bite in 18 hours down I-95. We buy gas at the local station, work on and clean her up at home, and pay no slip or hauling fees. Only way we can afford a Canyon capable machine with todays prices.

She also has a huge amount of storage, an unbelievable layout for fishing, 3 livewells, a large transom door for sliding in the giants of the deep, a range of over 500 miles, and in my opinion she is absoulutley stunning. Can she get wet, yes but we have curtains to the gunnels, would I want to be "caught out" in 6-8's, no but we have. Would it be nice to have a warm bed and a hot meal on our overnighters, of course.

She also has brand new engines with full warranty and a knock out electronics package. And if she doesn't sell my partner and myself will be fishing the heck out of her this summer so please stop by and say hello, we would love to show you around a great machine.

Ed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts