BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats right folks, I'm moving on to a new bigger boat and I've got to let the sweetest boat I have ever had the pleasure of captaining go! Owner has decided to down grade to something he can run himself..
She just celebrated her 2nd birthday in August and already had 502 billfish under her belt. She raised a grander blue on her maiden voyage and a 500 class one the last day I ran her.
This captain maintained jewel is in like new condition. She was repowered in June with 2005 Volvo 5.7L Gi 280 horse inboards. She's equipped with the reliable ZF Hurth transmissions and in July was outfitted with new wheels and custom Aquamet22 1 3/8" dt shafts. She cruises at 23kts at 3500 rpm and a mile a gallon. Her top end is roughly 37kts but I never ran her up there...260 gallon fuel capacity will get you most any place you want to go.
She has a full tower, senior outriggers, center rigger, and full size Pompanette fighting chair.
Monster fish boxes located in stern and Under center deck hold mountains of fish. Her livewell holds the tenderest of baits with no problem. She has 10 rod holders on the tower, 6 on the gunwales with room for 4 more beneath, six more can be stored over the bunks below decks and lets not for get the 2 more in the chair. She sleeps two comfortably in her v-berth and the full enclosed head even has shower capabilities. 110 volt shore power keeps her batteries up or runs her built in microwave...
Electronic include dual Horizon VHF, Furuno GD1700c Color chart plotter, depth finder. Gd1700 Video Plotter,Depth finder in the tower too. A Lowrance depthfinder built in dash serves as a back up if plotter is another mode. Sony Cd stereo with internal and waterproof external speakers will blow you away. The fridge freezer is a thrill to have for extended trips.

She's priced to move right now at $118,900

[ 10-13-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: COMPLEAT ]

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's gas. Way efficient injected kind though. They're good for 2000+ hours of trouble free running before some routine fixes need to be done...

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now shes at Sunset Marina in Ocean City, Md...

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Furuno Unit also has a radar in it...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey compleat, you said she gets 1 mile per gallon...if your cruising at 23 kts, then yer burning 25 gallons? I thought the boat burned like 13 gallons/hour? Just curious!
thanks pal

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey Paul,
If the owner would take my Grady in trade, I might think about it. Let me know. Hope you made out ok in the storms.
Capt. Dave

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Dave... You know the boat... I can run the idea past the owner or if you drop me an email I can respond with his phone numbert and you could possibly work something from there.

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A stripped one lists for high $140s to low $150s then add about $25K for tower, $3k for Chair, $10k for electronics and a few more grand for other upgrades and odds and ends. $4k alone for the shaft and wheel upgrade...

·
Registered
108 Posts
What am I missing?

Boats and Personal Watercraft
2002 ALBEMARLE BOATS

ALBEMARLE 280 EXPRESS/SF

October 14, 2004 print this page

Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price

$61,050 $75,400
Reported Engine Range: 231-265 HP
Total adjustment for your engine(s) - Deduct: $730
Options

Power Boat: ELECTRONICS
Battery Charger - Dual 10 amp: $200 $240
Depth Sounder: $170 $205
Fish Finder - Max Depth 2500': $1,085 $1,290
GPS - Color Fixed Mount w/Cartography: $1,360 $1,620
Radar / 24 Mile LCD w/Cartography: $1,745 $2,075
Power Boat: ENTERTAINMENT
Stereo - am/fm CD player w/4 speakers: $340 $405
Power Boat: FISHING
Bait Tank - 32 Gallon: $155 $185
Outriggers: $525 $625
Power Boat: GALLEY
Microwave Oven: $220 $260
Refrigerator - AC/DC - 6 cu. ft.: $605 $720
Power Boat: MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
Batteries - Dual w/Switch: $170 $205
Hardtop 26' - 30' Boat: $2,010 $2,395
Trim Tabs / Hydraulic: $545 $650

TOTAL $69,450 $85,545

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Seablast,

That's "Low Average Retail" that you are quoting. Doesn't take into account anything but the base boat, minimal accessories, and assumes poor (non-turnkey) condition, hence the "low" retail description.

As an owner of a well-equipped perfect condition 2002 Albemarle 280, I can tell you that I would not consider selling my boat for anything near that price. $100K would be bottom line.

Considering that most decent 26 foot outboard boats are running well above that price, The Albe is a bargain, not to mention a much better boat.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hey Phil
No way 13 gph. His boat is injected so its better than most you are looking at 20-24 gph at 20- 23 knts Im told.

I love the 28 albies and am shopping for one but they burn 200- 225 gallons on a canyon trip. Ouch may be over 500 bucks next summer!

John

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Floscan on my 280 Albe with Volvo 5.7 GXi 320HP Inboards (TBI) shows about 9 GPH per engine at 23 - 24 knots. That's 18 GPH total, or 1.3 NMPG, and that's a fact. I burn 130 to 142 gallons total per trip to the Baltimore or Wilmington canyons from Cape May, and I have the fuel receipts to prove it.

There is no reason to guess at these numbers, or rely on what "I'm told" from potentially unknowing third parties. Some older, non-EFI Albes that aren't setup properly with four blade props may get less fuel efficiency than mine or Reel Delight. Also, I do not have a full tower, only a hardtop, so Reel Delight's numbers may be a little different than mine - but not that much. Any 280 Albe that burns 200 - 225 gallons on a typical canyon trip needs to be tuned, repropped or otherwise fixed. That's way too much. I'm assuming of course that a typical canyon run is 65 to 75 NM one-way. My fuel burn numbers also include at least 6 - 8 hours of troll time (about 4 to 6 GPH total).

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eagle- your off on canyon consumption:
I can give exact numbers on fuel burn per day from OC.
Oc- Washinton canyon fish 8 hours = 126 gallons.
Oc- Baltimore fish 8 hours=138 gallons
Oc- Wilmington fish 8.5 hrs= 151 gallons
Cape May- Wilmington/ Spencer fish 8hrs=158Gallon
I use the 1 mpg for safety reasons. Actually closer to 1.3.

Seablast- That is either an acv trade in reference used by the dealers to rape you or possibly came from the people that insurance companies use when paying "fair market value" again to rape you. If that is the source it also listed a 1991 Dusky with three year old Yamaha 225 as being worth $1400 in april 2002. Not an accurate source... This boat is in better than new condition with full tower top of the line riggers and 2005 engines with less than a hundred hours on them.

[ 10-14-2004, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: COMPLEAT ]

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Somebody reminded me to mention that the fighting chair has a removable footrest to give more room in the cockpit. We frequently fished with out it and put a 50 quart cooler against the fish box for bait or drink and it made a nice substitute footrest when working heavy tackle.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I certainly dont know first hand but compleat's boat is injected. SSAW is yours? Im not disputing your #s I would like to know because I want an albie myself and am actively shopping. I just need an older one because I cant swing the $$$$$ on the late 90's etc.

I just wanted to give Luminous the heads up that he is off on the fuel #s on the boat he is buying!!!! Id say carbs and a tower will make a difference.

John

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm towered up and weighed down. I add almost 3000 pounds of junk when I do my Bahama run. Food, soda, bait, tackle, grills, freezers and all the other junk we need for a month long trip and six people sure do add up. That run is 66+68+14+1.5=149 nm and our fuel burn on that is 141 gallons which is very close to the 1mpg "safe" number I use.
I believe the 95 mills were also injected but I could be wrong. I run a Bertam 28 from here to there once a year with carbs on the same block and we burn 168 doing it... So thats 27 difference if he doise have carbs...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts