BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set the minimum fish size at 18 inches, Set the season from May 24-Sept. 7, Retained the bag limit of 8 fish per angler per day.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good Luck

Finding 8 @ 18 +

·
Registered
644 Posts
maybe not 8,but 18 isn't too much of a problem.had 7 over 20 inches one trip last year!!4 other trips close to that.

·
Registered
807 Posts
We dont keep them in the backwater under 18 anyway . We pile them up too . Outside , after the yahoos been beating on them , its a diffrent story unless we run wayy outside . As far as the shorter season , well that just sucks .

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
STUGOTS said:
THAT'S OK,what do you think will happen next year???:confused:
Your not fishin with me thats what ! :p

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
seems to be alot of ppl lately complaining how 18 is a huge fish
but from the looks of this post im not the only guy who catches a good amount of 20 in size fish i dont keep anything under 20 unless im absolutly desperate
18 isnt a huge fish there are alot of fish tht size out there u just gootab know where to find em

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
BACK TO REELALITY said:
i dont keep anything under 20 unless im absolutly desperate
18 isnt a huge fish there are alot of fish tht size out there u just gootab know where to find em
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I keep what I am allowed keep and we eat it all winter. An 18 inch fluke is a nice sized fish with pleanty of meat. I had some last night for dinner. Saying that you only keep 20+ inch fish sounds kind of stuffy to me. Maybe you need to bone up on your filleting skills.:cool:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
A Frayed Knot said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I keep what I am allowed keep and we eat it all winter. An 18 inch fluke is a nice sized fish with pleanty of meat. I had some last night for dinner. Saying that you only keep 20+ inch fish sounds kind of stuffy to me. Maybe you need to bone up on your filleting skills.:cool:
Ditto, I'm eating 17.5" fluke from last summer, and they have plenty of meat on them.

I don't think 18" is a huge fish either. It's a nice one, but that's about it.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it felt to me like I caught several hundred fluke last year that were 17.25" (and they all went back) and everything that was bigger was 19"+.

Not many 18" fish, but that could've been just me.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
By June 15th Where Do You Find These 18" To 20" In The Back In Any Quanity???? Even The Old Grounds Has Not Good At That Time???

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I Am W/ You On This Biggest

BIGGESTJACK said:
By June 15th Where Do You Find These 18" To 20" In The Back In Any Quanity???? Even The Old Grounds Has Not Good At That Time???
THE past few years I have not been able to get the boat in the water untill mid July..seems I miss the opening of the season...I hear reports of nice fish inside...by the time I get the boat in its over.....I must admit I dont put in the time like years ago...just a few drifts and a boat ride with the family after work...I got one keeper last year.....not into bottom fishing out side just inshore trolling.......Years ago we caught large fish inside up untill Aug. my best two were taken in 3 drifts just before sundown on Aug 11 ,03.....one was 9+lbs and one 7+ lbs .... you dont see that much anymore in August

Joe R
20 ft Classic SeaCraft
Susie II

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
ummm....nowhere:)

BIGGESTJACK said:
I had a spot last summer behind Av/Sh that held some fish year round...but then with 2 of us in the boat we only managed 3 keepers....I bet if we fished there April we would have the boat filled...

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Oliver Twist.
"Please Sir"......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts