Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fluke season for NJ for 2008 will be as follows:
Option D was approved by the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council
Season begins 5/24 and ends on 9/7
8 fish bag limit
18" size limit.
I attended the council meeting tonight and spoke in favor of Option E which would have allowed us to fish for fluke until 10/6 with an 8 fish bag limit and an 18 1/2" size limit. The vast majority of people who spoke favored Option D which is why it was passed. Too bad more people from north and central jersey did not go to the meeting and voice their opinons.
The one good that came out of the meeting is that we will be able to legally use fluke belly or back from a legal sized fluke we catch. However, the rack must be kept onboard and will count as one of the fish towards your limit.
Paul Haertel

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Angler Paul said:
The fluke season for NJ for 2008 will be as follows:
Option D was approved by the New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council
Season begins 5/24 and ends on 9/7
8 fish bag limit
18" size limit.
I attended the council meeting tonight and spoke in favor of Option E which would have allowed us to fish for fluke until 10/6 with an 8 fish bag limit and an 18 1/2" size limit. The vast majority of people who spoke favored Option D which is why it was passed. Too bad more people from north and central jersey did not go to the meeting and voice their opinons.
The one good that came out of the meeting is that we will be able to legally use fluke belly or back from a legal sized fluke we catch. However, the rack must be kept onboard and will count as one of the fish towards your limit.
Paul Haertel
GREAT NEWS!!!!
I love the Flounder belly rule.
I think a lot of short fish were killed for bait..
This will help eliminate some of this

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts