BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - just got word from Denise the 4th annual Kevin Snyder Memorial Beach Bash will be held the last two weeks of October, with a get together on Nov 1st for prizes, food, etc.

I love :) the 2 week tourney idea and the timing. I think the winning fish won't be a 3 or 4 lb bluefish :D

I have already spun some blanks this afternoon that I am gonna send to a few friends to paint - a little collaboration for a great cause :)

I will have a webpage and logo and stuff up once I get the full contest rules from Gilly (HINT-HINT) :D

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome Nick - 2 weeks was a great idea - I can't wait :)

I see Iggy as an early favorite - with you up there as well - it should be very interesting this year for sure

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Great idea indeed. I am off the last week of Oct. going to be fish'n my a$$ off!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Mike, I might take a few days off that week and come down and fish with you.:D

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking about taking the last week of as well - we shall see - the spring has been better to me the past 5 years - I may not have vacation by then :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Brian E. Mullaney said:
Guys - just got word from Denise the 4th annual Kevin Snyder Memorial Beach Bash will be held the last two weeks of October, with a get together on Nov 1st for prizes, food, etc.

I love :) the 2 week tourney idea and the timing. I think the winning fish won't be a 3 or 4 lb bluefish :D

I have already spun some blanks this afternoon that I am gonna send to a few friends to paint - a little collaboration for a great cause :)

I will have a webpage and logo and stuff up once I get the full contest rules from Gilly (HINT-HINT) :D
Soon to come Brian. My concentration right now is our soon to be baby. Due MAy 1st but not lookinglike we are going to make it that long.

·
Registered
189 Posts
KJS Tourney

We're kicking around having a nice get together, including families and all... That will depend on y'all since Nov. 1 will be the final weigh in day too. Let's hear some ideas.

·
Banned
519 Posts
hey what happend to gene's post ??????????????

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gene's post... did I miss something??

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I didn't catch Genes entire post only a coment on it with a quote connected.. I have spoken to Gene in the past and can only speculate that he had no ill intentions, just the fact that a tourney of this length of time and set up can be taken advantage of. Gene is a good guy. So if you read this Gene, no worries mate.

In the same respect I am sure, and can understand why the mod deleated it. Because what is written on the web can sometimes be construed differently then intended.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Gilly21 said:
I didn't catch Genes entire post only a coment on it with a quote connected.. I have spoken to Gene in the past and can only speculate that he had no ill intentions, just the fact that a tourney of this length of time and set up can be taken advantage of. Gene is a good guy. So if you read this Gene, no worries mate.

In the same respect I am sure, and can understand why the mod deleated it. Because what is written on the web can sometimes be construed differently then intended.
Steve,
No posts in this thread were deleted by any of the moderators.

Russ

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
As has been suggested in the past I am going to make a diligent effort to put together a commitee. I would love to have some volounteers who would like to assist me in makeing this the best event yet.

·
Banned
519 Posts
Gilly21 said:
As has been suggested in the past I am going to make a diligent effort to put together a commitee. I would love to have some volounteers who would like to assist me in makeing this the best event yet.
gilly what is your Phone # I wanted to call u

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Stephen J. Gilmartin Jr.
(919)368-3843
[email protected]
3613 Highland Creek Dr.
Apex, NC 27539

Please feel free to call me or mail me comments, suggestions, grievances and concerns.

I can assure you I will be as forth coming and honest as possible. Any rumers that are out there can be squashed or rectified in short notice. Thank you for your understanding and concren.

A appriciate the mods for cleaning this up as it was going nowhere in a positive way fast.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Here’s my 2 cents, I understand the objective is to raise as much money as possible for a really good cause, but I for one liked the feel of the 24 hour Fishathon. It was a chance to see many barners and to fish hard over 24 hours or just a few hours, whichever you chose to do. A two week tourney is certainly going to favor the guys who can fish often rather than guys who have to run 1.5 – 2 hour trips back and forth. Also, it will be interesting to hear how you would try to enforce boundaries – we all know that fishermen tell a lot of fish stories. To avoid potential hassles, it may be best to open it up to all waters, but then you still have the same problem with a boat caught fish being weighed in. However, like I said before, whatever will raise the most money is cool. I guess some LBI guys will join both the local tourney and the memorial to try to win both with one fish. If you’re really going to do the 2 week tourney, it would make sense to make different divisions based on age, sex and species (bass, weakies, blues, etc.). Good luck working out the details.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
RhinoScores said:
Here’s my 2 cents, I understand the objective is to raise as much money as possible for a really good cause, but I for one liked the feel of the 24 hour Fishathon. It was a chance to see many barners and to fish hard over 24 hours or just a few hours, whichever you chose to do. A two week tourney is certainly going to favor the guys who can fish often rather than guys who have to run 1.5 – 2 hour trips back and forth. Also, it will be interesting to hear how you would try to enforce boundaries – we all know that fishermen tell a lot of fish stories. To avoid potential hassles, it may be best to open it up to all waters, but then you still have the same problem with a boat caught fish being weighed in. However, like I said before, whatever will raise the most money is cool. I guess some LBI guys will join both the local tourney and the memorial to try to win both with one fish. If you’re really going to do the 2 week tourney, it would make sense to make different divisions based on age, sex and species (bass, weakies, blues, etc.). Good luck working out the details.
Great points. Please send them in email also though, as I have tendancy to loose track of these ideas otherwise.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looking Forward

:) Hope to see all the familiar faces there along with lots of new ones too this year. Looking forward to a great time!!

Thanks for all your support and compassion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts