BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
seriously looking at a 2011 albemarle 29 ft with 350 cummins engines. Question is on these engines,any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I had trucks with the cat c 7 engines and had many problems so steering away from any boat with small cats.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Cummins makes the best and most reliable small Diesel engines. The 6bta and the newer common rail QSB 5.9 have a great reputation for reliability, ease of maintenance, parts availability and fuel efficiency. These are the same Cummins that are in the Dodge Ram pickup trucks. For that reason many parts can be found at automotive stores. I would hands down pick a Cummins over a Cat in a boat under 40'. The only issues with Cummins is the factory raw water pumps but they may have corrected this issue on your perspective engines already. Good luck with buying a new boat!

·
Registered
496 Posts
agree on cummins

Cummins makes the best and most reliable small Diesel engines. The 6bta and the newer common rail QSB 5.9 have a great reputation for reliability, ease of maintenance, parts availability and fuel efficiency. These are the same Cummins that are in the Dodge Ram pickup trucks. For that reason many parts can be found at automotive stores. I would hands down pick a Cummins over a Cat in a boat under 40'. The only issues with Cummins is the factory raw water pumps but they may have corrected this issue on your perspective engines already. Good luck with buying a new boat!

great motors: reliable, efficient and easy to take care of. also, they will help resell that boat down the line. good luck

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Cummins are really the optimal choice for boats in the 29-36' range these days. I think you'll do fine with that combo.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Fish almost exclusively on a 290xf with the Cummins 350 hp. package. Very efficient burn numbers on the boat. A little wet and does rock and roll on the drift, but that is to be expected. Honest cruise of 28knts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts