BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did I hear correctly 17" size but a lower bag limit is the true ,,,,,,I heard 4 fish limit???

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
did I hear correctly 17" size but a lower bag limit is the true ,,,,,,I heard 4 fish limit???
I would be very happy with that

I would rather come home with four 17" fish than tossing them all back, and coming home with no keepers

·
Registered
148 Posts
i just hope they don't shorten the season.. 2011 was one of my best years for flounder in the past 4 or 5.. alot of bigger fish

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
i just hope they don't shorten the season.. 2011 was one of my best years for flounder in the past 4 or 5.. alot of bigger fish
I agree that it was one of my better years, but I brough home very few fish. Never came close to limiting out, not even once.

Had a few days were I came home empty handed, but tossed back a bunch of 17"-17.5" fish

I'm not a meat only fisherman, but my family really looks forward to fresh fish at the end of the day. It is really nice to be able to provide that for them

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
4 @ 17" would be nice, sounds like easy limits and it will give the guys fishing the back a better chance at putting some meat in the box a little later into the summer.

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
Be careful what you may wish for, next year of we get the 4 at 17. The following year they'd say we overfished it and next year we'd get 4 at 20.

I'd rather have 2 at 17 to 18, 2 at 18.5 to 20, and one over 22. This way we all go home with fish without the nuts believing we overfish it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts