BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade from neoprene waders to a breathable set of chest waders. Any advice on a good set? Looking to spend $125 or less.

I'm also looking to upgrade from my Galls waterproof police duty jacket to a Surf Fishing Jacket.. Something with a waistband and cuffs that tighten. I'm looking to spend $100 or less but will go higher if the quality gear costs more.

I'm also looking to upgrade a mitsubishi lancer to a Tacoma if the State of New Jersey stops laying off all of its police and decides to hire.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Banned
634 Posts
I would go with cabela's waders, they have the best warranty. I just picked up the Cabela's Premium Dry-Plus® Breathable Stockingfoot Waders and there just as good as the pair I return after having them for 5 years. I had the boot foot waders with laces and the revits started to pop off after using five years in the surf and they still took them back with a full refund:eek: I also picked up the Cabela's Gold Medal Wading Boots to match and I have been happy with both so far. I use a columbia titanium jacket, breathable and water proof w/ wrist straps and I use a waist plug bag so don't need a jacket with a waistband. I bought them in late summer and got 3 for under a $100(they we're bring in all the winter gear). hope this helps:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is not the first time I have heard of Cabela's great warranty. I will look into them. I'm going to need a coat with a waistband but thanks for the wader advice!!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Check LL Bean also. Great warranty.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Check LL Bean also. Great warranty.
Gonna second checking out LL Bean. I've never purchase any of their waders, but have purchased quite a few other items and have been very happy with the service. If for some reason you have a problem with an item, they really go out of their way to make it right.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will look into LL Bean as well. I'm sure they will have a surf fishing jacket in their store.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
We (as in my family) have several sets of llbean streamlight boot foot waders for salmon fishing in Canada and trout fishing in pa. They are a great wader and the one pair that leaked after 5 yrs of walking through brush llbean replaced no questions asked.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For the waders, I highly recommend LL Bean. Got a pair of breathables there 2 years ago at the store in Marlton. The service was great and they have been awesone to wear. Thankfully have not had to use warranty service but everyone says that is great too. I have kayak splash top that works great. Pull over, waterproof, velcro neoprene cuffs. Check out REI (the outlet section), Campmor or just google it. Check the sale/close out section. You might not get the best color but you will save $$. Order big so you can layer under it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I've just received a catalogue from LL Bean and noticed most of what they sell in made in China. Who woulda ever thought. I'm done with them. Phil

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've just received a catalogue from LL Bean and noticed most of what they sell in made in China. Who woulda ever thought. I'm done with them. Phil
cough cough.. if you are through with LL Bean because of outsourcing... then I think you'll also be having a very large garage sale.

I do agree with the angst behind your comment.. thank our gov.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts