BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Fluke and Sea Bass Regulations Set

At the NJMFC meeting on 4/3/14 the council voted unanimously in favor of the following regulations for fluke and sea bass.

Fluke - 5 fish, 18" size limit, season 5/23 -9/27

Sea bass - 12 ½” size limit, 15 fish bag limit from 5/19 – 6/30, 3 fish bag limit from
7/1 –8/31, 15 fish bag limit from 9/1 – 9/6 and a 15 fish bag limit from 10/18 – 12/31.

Additionally a presentation about a special pilot program that would allow 2 fluke at 16" to be kept by shore based anglers at Island Beach State Park was made. This program could possibly be expanded further next year. JCAA, NJBBA and NJSFSC all supported the concept but also requested that it be expanded to include a couple other areas particularly in southern New Jersey this year as well.

Paul Haertel
President, JCAA

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is the biggest @ss fu$&ing we have taken. 3 sea bass. Pathetic. Isn't that stock rebuilt? Totally disgusting

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sure would have been common sense to open the sea bass season after fluke closed and until the striped bass season opened up. Quotas could have been cut in the earlier part of the season to allow this.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I agree about the sea bass but at least this year we will be able to keep a few keeps while fluking the reefs in August. Last year I had to throw back some real nice ones.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
capt harv.. you know they dont think with logic.. they would rather have a time no one is fishing
Sure would have been common sense to open the sea bass season after fluke closed and until the striped bass season opened up. Quotas could have been cut in the earlier part of the season to allow this.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
So -- the Sea Bass proposal(now law) had so MUCH POPULAR PUBLIC Support ?? Who(fishermen) did they pay to say THAT ??? One PB -PORGY 3 in particular will be on vacation from 9/28 through 10/17. It would have made more sense to just shut the Sea Bass down for all of August,,when other species that PB's CAN go for would be much more viable--say Flounder. Most -if not all PB's are chasing Fluke and other blues,croakers,etc.,,in August. I dont think they chase Sea Bass in August!! Very unfair - so -- who are you guys that think the Sea Bass reg. is FANTASTIC -so the NJMFC said..LIED ABOUT !!

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Yeah, they suck...but complaining on this site about the ever tightening fishing regs is like complaining to the tax collector that your rates are to high....

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Yeah, they suck...but complaining on this site about the ever tightening fishing regs is like complaining to the tax collector that your rates are to high....
Is that really true? When people complain on a site like this, it sometimes causes threads that are rather informative.

In the course of reading the complaints, people can pick up tidbits of information about things like Magnussen, bad science, a political process with hidden agendas, or how the various committees make the decisions we are complaining about.

When people are informed, they "can" act more productively, and "can" do more than just complain on this site.

Complaining on the Barn may not be all that productive, but there can be some benefits too. Why not take all the support we can get?

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
Not surprised that went right over the barns most serial posters head. Refer to my post in the recent DD thread - this forums dead JZ

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Not surprised that went right over the barns most serial posters head. Refer to my post in the recent DD thread - this forums dead JZ
And I'll ask the same question here that I asked there....... By "forum" do you guys mean the entire BassBarn "SITE" or do you mean specifically the Dry Dock "FORUM?"

A "FORUM" is a section of a "SITE."

I realize that's going over your head, so that's why I'm trying to spell it out.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Its enough to make an honest man turn pirate....you would be surprised at the people who post on this board that break the law every time they leave the inlet on a fluke trip,

·
Registered
16,329 Posts
And I'll ask the same question here that I asked there....... By "forum" do you guys mean the entire BassBarn "SITE" or do you mean specifically the Dry Dock "FORUM?"

A "FORUM" is a section of a "SITE."

I realize that's going over your head, so that's why I'm trying to spell it out.
I think it was pretty easy to figure out my reply covered the post in that forum, as well as the site in general.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts