BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Went crabbin' 6/13 outgoing tide in the back of Fortescue.Went thru 20 traps with necks 4 times and nailed 85 nice ones.Moved to another spot and finished with a full bushel and a bucket for 104. Water temp 73 -76 and very muddy..Best trip this season so far.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
After reading your reports, it might be time to put the Yak in the creeks

·
Registered
916 Posts
Out yesterday after taking some time off waiting for the females to drop their eggs. Crabbed 2 hrs with gkids, kept 5 dozen nice males. Beautiful day with very few gnats and only a couple of g heads.

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
I gotta get Sealion to sell me his topless traps. I’d rather give him the money than Capt Bruce.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Accidentally put this in last year's thread. Five hours Saturday behind Ocean City with little more than a snack to show for it. Used the kayak behind the south end of the airport runway. Tried depths from 2 feet to 8 feet with open top traps. I've honestly never done any good crabbing around Ocean City but wanted to try this spot. Should have driven elsewhere. Next time I will drive to the Delaware Bay side where crabs are plentiful.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Went out in the Tuckahoe near the power plant yesterday with 15 topless traps. Crabbing was terrible. A ton of small crabs. After 4 runs I had 5 keepers. I had two pots soaking since Saturday. The were bit full of small crabs. Ended up with only 2 dozen keepers on the smaller side. I was at war with the green heads and lost.

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
Let me ask you guys. If you put out 10-15 topless traps, how long before you go back to start hauling? Do you start after you Place the last trap or wait longer?

·
Registered
31,142 Posts
Went out in the Tuckahoe near the power plant yesterday with 15 topless traps. Crabbing was terrible. A ton of small crabs. After 4 runs I had 5 keepers. I had two pots soaking since Saturday. The were bit full of small crabs. Ended up with only 2 dozen keepers on the smaller side. I was at war with the green heads and lost.

Could be the moon this weekend

·
Registered
916 Posts
Since the water was mucked up from the storm we decided to crab today. Not bad, kept 66 decent ones, mostly males. Not many big ones yet, but nice.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts