BASS BARN banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Pretty much got the skunk today. Went for 3 hours by kayak. Plenty of small ones but only put two keepers in the bucket which I released before heading home. I think this was my last crabbing trip in the Ocean City area. Crabbing sucks here.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Pretty much got the skunk today. Went for 3 hours by kayak. Plenty of small ones but only put two keepers in the bucket which I released before heading home. I think this was my last crabbing trip in the Ocean City area. Crabbing sucks here.
Where were you, I usually kayak in Dividing Creek, if you ever want company, I plan on trying some of the back creeks in Wildwood / Cape May area

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
I live in OC and was behind the south end of the airport runway. I know plenty of good places to crab along the Delaware Bay but didn't feel like driving. I've honestly never had a good crabbing outing around here and don't know why I even bother to try.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Heading to the Tuckahoe River near Yanks shortly. Will report back later.
Pretty much got the skunk. Got there at 10 and started with good numbers but all small. By noon it shut off completely. Had a half a dozen that were legal but not worth keeping.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
My wife and I decided to just go to our favorite all you can eat in MD.
727CD000-8178-4C27-B2F9-7E775B8ECF3F.jpg

I can’t frigging move right now, had to take some Tums, #1 Jimmies oh yeah, fried chicken, hush puppies, fried clam strips and fried shrimp with steamed corn on the cob in the husk.
Staying at the Washington Inn. In Princess Anne MD. George Washington stayed in the room next door to ours.
A131DF84-D231-4BE2-BCC3-D1DFFF8D429D.jpg

·
Registered
890 Posts
Fort Report 8/3/20.Left Higbees at 730 and headed back to the glades of Fortescue at dead low tide.Didn't have high hopes with the full moon tonight but set 19 traps with necks and bagged about 25 real nice 5"+ crabs and then it died out.Made a move towards the bay a little and picked a few dozen more and lastly moved closer to the ramp and finished at 11 with 74 crab 5"-7" Nice day with few greenheads.Water temps 81-83.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Fort Report 8/3/20.Left Higbees at 730 and headed back to the glades of Fortescue at dead low tide.Didn't have high hopes with the full moon tonight but set 19 traps with necks and bagged about 25 real nice 5"+ crabs and then it died out.Made a move towards the bay a little and picked a few dozen more and lastly moved closer to the ramp and finished at 11 with 74 crab 5"-7" Nice day with few greenheads.Water temps 81-83.
On Saturday I was surprised at how few greenheads there were. It wasn't windy either. I expected to get eaten alive but only had a couple show up the whole time.

·
Registered
9,915 Posts
Tried a new spot yesterday and crushed them. This will be my new go to spot. Kept 16 jumbos and a few mediums. Running 4 open top traps from my kayak while enjoying the morning. New spot is also incredibly scenic and quite remote. Only saw two boats from a distance. Northwest cape may county.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Late report. Out the other day crabbing with the greenheads! Had a nice catch and decided to try, for the first time, baked crabs.

[/URL][/ MG
]

Turned out great and will be trying different variations of spicing.

·
Registered
75,064 Posts
Late report. Out the other day crabbing with the greenheads! Had a nice catch and decided to try, for the first time, baked crabs.

[/URL][/ MG
]

Turned out great and will be trying different variations of spicing.
Did you cover them while banking?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Went solo 8/17 to the back creeks of Fortescue. Lots of turtles that kept swiping the necks and breaking traps.Beautiful day and finished with 81, 5" and up.Dropped some at my brothers house on the way home.Water temps 74-75.

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
Set out with my daughter today, 15 topless traps baited with necks and a go to spot. We had action but many small crabs. Crabbed for a couple hours and had about a dozen and a half keepers. Nothing huge. As the tide went out we moved to another spot where I could get under a low bridge. Crabbed in 12ft down to 3ft of water. Didn’t catch as many but the quality was much better. Seemed to do best in the 6 foot range. Finished the day with 30 keepers and they were all full of meat. I have two pots soaking and will pick them up on Monday.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts