2020 Crabbing Reports...

17K views 61 replies 13 participants last post by  Bob ECT 
#1 ·
Post them here...
Thanks for contributing :thumbsup: :cool:

#5 ·
How were the fly's

#12 ·
Accidentally put this in last year's thread. Five hours Saturday behind Ocean City with little more than a snack to show for it. Used the kayak behind the south end of the airport runway. Tried depths from 2 feet to 8 feet with open top traps. I've honestly never done any good crabbing around Ocean City but wanted to try this spot. Should have driven elsewhere. Next time I will drive to the Delaware Bay side where crabs are plentiful.

#14 ·
Went out in the Tuckahoe near the power plant yesterday with 15 topless traps. Crabbing was terrible. A ton of small crabs. After 4 runs I had 5 keepers. I had two pots soaking since Saturday. The were bit full of small crabs. Ended up with only 2 dozen keepers on the smaller side. I was at war with the green heads and lost.

#26 ·
My wife and I decided to just go to our favorite all you can eat in MD.
Crab Muscle Invertebrate Decapoda Dungeness crab

I can’t frigging move right now, had to take some Tums, #1 Jimmies oh yeah, fried chicken, hush puppies, fried clam strips and fried shrimp with steamed corn on the cob in the husk.
Staying at the Washington Inn. In Princess Anne MD. George Washington stayed in the room next door to ours.
Bedroom Bed Room Furniture Property

#29 ·
Fort Report 8/3/20.Left Higbees at 730 and headed back to the glades of Fortescue at dead low tide.Didn't have high hopes with the full moon tonight but set 19 traps with necks and bagged about 25 real nice 5"+ crabs and then it died out.Made a move towards the bay a little and picked a few dozen more and lastly moved closer to the ramp and finished at 11 with 74 crab 5"-7" Nice day with few greenheads.Water temps 81-83.

#31 ·
Tried a new spot yesterday and crushed them. This will be my new go to spot. Kept 16 jumbos and a few mediums. Running 4 open top traps from my kayak while enjoying the morning. New spot is also incredibly scenic and quite remote. Only saw two boats from a distance. Northwest cape may county.

#34 ·
Did you cover them while banking?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.