21 to less than 24 inches​
2​
(Non-Tidal) From Calhoun Street Bridge upstream:
– Open year-round​
28 to less than 35 inches​
1​
Circle Hooks Required
ATTENTION
: Non-offset (in-line) circle hooks are required when fishing with bait for any species of fish in the tidal Delaware Estuary, including tributaries from the mouths of the tributaries upstream to the limit of tidal influence. The definition of a non-offset (in-line) circle hook is a non-offset hook where the point is pointed perpendicularly back towards the shank. The term “non-offset” means the point and the barb are in the same plane as the shank. For more information consult: Circle Hooks - Tidal Delaware.​

·
Registered
17 Posts
here is PA:

9 inches​
25​
(Tidal) From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge:
– Jan. 1 through March 31 and
– June 1 through Dec. 31​
1​
(Tidal) From the Pennsylvania state line upstream to Calhoun Street Bridge:
– April 1 through May 31​
21 to less than 24 inches​
2​
(Non-Tidal) From Calhoun Street Bridge upstream:
– Open year-round​
1​
Circle Hooks Required

ATTENTION: Non-offset (in-line) circle hooks are required when fishing with bait for any species of fish in the tidal Delaware Estuary, including tributaries from the mouths of the tributaries upstream to the limit of tidal influence. The definition of a non-offset (in-line) circle hook is a non-offset hook where the point is pointed perpendicularly back towards the shank. The term “non-offset” means the point and the barb are in the same plane as the shank. For more information consult: Circle Hooks - Tidal Delaware.​

Notice PA season is open while NJ is closed

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have a PA license and fish the tidal water south of the bridge you can keep 2 fish 21 to 24 per day, you can launch either side of the river as the laws reciprocate. NJ rules are a bit more strict because of their regs are set by a group who set the striper regs along the coast. that is where the 28 to <38 size and creel limit is determined. Delaware is even different from PA and NJ

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Did anybody fish during this weeks cold spell ?
The last couple of days were frigid and windy ,
not seasonal conditions for sure .

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
Fresh clams are hard to get anymore in SJ. Been looking for places as surf clams work in the spring, not a big fan of spending $15-20+ on a dozen bloods for perch and catfish to nibble up.
Have you tried the bag trick for the bloods. I just watched a video. Seems easy. Next time I head out I gotta use a bag as the perch are here too.

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
Did anybody fish during this weeks cold spell ?
The last couple of days were frigid and windy ,
not seasonal conditions for sure .
I went and grabbed a few rainbow trout. But next week I'm heading out for another shot at bass.

Caught 3 shorts from DOD to Beach Hill.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Been reading about some nice fish being caught from the southern Delaware Bay all the way up the Delaware River in Camden County. Put in the time and you guys will get them. I'm busy getting my house prepped up for a new roof and siding along with trying to get my boat compounded and waxed. This past weekend was nice, wish I was fishing.

·
Registered
77,117 Posts
Have you tried the bag trick for the bloods. I just watched a video. Seems easy. Next time I head out I gotta use a bag as the perch are here too.
A local B&T guy Bob Taylor showed us how to use womens nylon socks to create the "Bag". He passed a few year back but it was some great advice ever considering the baiting stealing perch.

·
Registered
19,399 Posts
A local B&T guy Bob Taylor showed us how to use womens nylon socks to create the "Bag". He passed a few year back but it was some great advice ever considering the baiting stealing perch.
I watched a video. Seems easy. Make them at home would be my tip. lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Took the boat out for the first shake-down of the season Sat 4/3. I did loads of off season mods/construction to the boat so I needed to test it out. Fished slightly north of Philly on the incoming. Not a boat in sight. My son and I caught about 15 or so shorts in about 3 hours with the biggest going 20". Only used bloods and fish were caught in water from 3' to 13'. No Cows, but still nice to get out and wet some lines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went out Saturday and traveled to Pennsville just before the C&D canal found a spot that created a break in the wind and incoming tide, had some huge marks on my sonar and tried to anchor on a hump but the wind and tide wouldn't allow me to hold anchor. Had the bloods wrapped in the ball config but couldn't keep them in place. Pulled up and returned up river to fish for some kittys. I did see a few pics from yesterday where a guy was nailing some nice fish. I am taking off tomorrow and Wednesday to fly solo and see what I can hook into.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I went out Saturday and traveled to Pennsville just before the C&D canal found a spot that created a break in the wind and incoming tide, had some huge marks on my sonar and tried to anchor on a hump but the wind and tide wouldn't allow me to hold anchor. Had the bloods wrapped in the ball config but couldn't keep them in place. Pulled up and returned up river to fish for some kittys. I did see a few pics from yesterday where a guy was nailing some nice fish. I am taking off tomorrow and Wednesday to fly solo and see what I can hook into.
Good luck, they had the feed bag on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got out finally this afternoon for a quick outing around low/ incoming. The shorts (16”-20”) were chewing and I saw two really nice fish landed around me. The wind was a lot stronger than I thought and the river was a beautiful shade of chocolate milk brown.

On a side note - saw these animal remains (I think?) at the water line around low tide. Anyone have any clue what it could be?
5E4539CA-8D9C-4EF3-921E-1B4DE500BCEC.jpeg 19FFA683-429A-43CD-BAFA-C5B827546F1A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fished both Saturday and Sunday/Easter. Saturday fished the last of the incoming with bloods. No bites at all so I was able to go no bag and just when the wife was bugging me to go I got wacked with a nice 43" cow that was safely released. Few minutes thereafter guy next to me go hooked up and after a nice battle he landed a fat 46". After that it went dead so we headed home and decided to save the worm for the Easter trip with my family. Fished from 3PM to 8Pm on Sunday with 7 of us and 4 doz bloods. Everyone had a short and a few had some cats so the fam was happy as 2 of them they landed their 1st ever striper. We hung in until we used up all of the bait and was hoping for a big girl in the 9th inning but no dice and headed home for desert!

Back at it after work today for a few hours.

TF

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So far it looks like a very productive season on the river full of a lot of good reports of some nice fish .

Nobody can really say it sucked , and Worry that something might be wrong .........

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Fished Tuesday after work from 4PM to 730 PM. Had the incoming to almost the top of the tide. used worm balls and plain worm with 1.5 doz so called jumbos. Two spikes and two cats. Did have a nice pole bender that may have been a good one but the circle popped when I applied pressure - not happy. Nothing much going on as the four other guys fishing had similar results. no dice today but thinking about low after work on Thursday.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts