BASS BARN banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
fished yesterday from 10:30 until 3:00 had the same kind of day as tog. A few shorts under 20" and some cats

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Got screwed today ,
Went to get bloods an hour before high tide they were all sold out .
I am beyond mad:mad:

Finding Blood worms this season has been a real pain in the *** .
It’s hard enough to get the weather and tide right let alone not be able to buy bait ....,..,,:mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Got screwed today ,

It’s hard enough to get the weather and tide right let alone not be able to buy bait ....,..,,:mad::mad:
who was sold out?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
was gona try today but with 70 and sunny - now a little worried about locating bait!

TF

Reactions: The River

·
Registered
176 Posts
What company deliver fresh bunker in the south Jersey area I’m sick of these local bait and tackle store say it’s fresh but had it three days ago. Trying to get some bunker this weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
call ahead , before you plan a trip .....
got me 18 jumbos at lunch over in New Castle! The are a few days old but ..............better than getting none. I think the blood man comes Monday and Friday so Sunday and Thursdays are slim picking and those that still have bloods have 2-3 days old ones.

TF

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
got me 18 jumbos at lunch over in New Castle! The are a few days old but ..............better than getting none. I think the blood man comes Monday and Friday so Sunday and Thursdays are slim picking and those that still have bloods have 2-3 days old ones.

TF
I hear suppliers and tackle stores are both having problems satisfying the demand so far this season .

I can’t rely on trying to get Bloods at the last minute ever again ....
Next time , I call ahead of time to check .

·
Registered
19,396 Posts
Saw a nice fish caught today in my area, my fishing hole. Nice! 41 inches. 30 lbs I'm told.

I had a half flat and all I got was 3 small ones, lol.

Gotta try again.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'm looking for some surf clams, in the shell. I'd like to give drum a shot in the great bay, plus a striper maybe too. I think we used to call it struming. Tuckerton to chestnut neck would be where I'd be willing to drive this time of year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey fellas, not sure if your allowed to do this but I just called BlackWater Sports Center in Vineland NJ. As of 5 mins ago, they have 5 doz jumbos left and lots of Regular Bloods right now. I call and place an order usually a day before hand (just ordered jumbos for tomorrow AM) they seem good about holding to pick up. I'm new to NJ, so I dont have any other practical experience with them other than so far so good, and they have some good selections of gear.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Hey fellas, not sure if your allowed to do this but I just called BlackWater Sports Center in Vineland NJ. As of 5 mins ago, they have 5 doz jumbos left and lots of Regular Bloods right now. I call and place an order usually a day before hand (just ordered jumbos for tomorrow AM) they seem good about holding to pick up. I'm new to NJ, so I dont have any other practical experience with them other than so far so good, and they have some good selections of gear.
Sharing information about where to obtain bait is perfectly acceptable , and not a problem ....
Actually it’s welcomed ,
Many people thank you , even if they didn’t tell you , they probably thought it .(y)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hit my usual spot after work and was able to fish from 330 PM to dam near 8 PM. Arrived an hour + before low and fished both bare worm and then the worm bag when my 18 jumbos starting running low. Not much action at all except a big old cat until around 630 when the wind died out and the sun starting to set - bam - big rod bender. Few minutes later with the help of guy fishing next to me, I netted my 3rd cow of the spring run - 38" and ready to drop her eggs. Handled her with care and allowed her to swim away to go do her thing. Stayed another 1.5 hours with a few taps but nothing to show for it. Gona take off today but hope to be back at it Saturday....thinking high tide but we shall see. so far 2 were closer to low and one was near high - go figure!

TF

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sharing information about where to obtain bait is perfectly acceptable , and not a problem ....
Actually it’s welcomed ,
Many people thank you , even if they didn’t tell you , they probably thought it .(y)
Excellent! Thanks for that explanation River!

Looks like the weather cleared out for daytime both days this weekend. I'm hitting the River both tomorrow and Sun, id like to time the tide but my days are so packed just gotta go when I can. Gonna try mid-day till whenever. Ill be in a custom Camo 17' tinny and ill be sporting my OG Bassbarn Hoodie if anyone wants to say hi. Gotta dig out my old barn stickers and slap one on. Ill post my reports.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hit my usual spot after work and was able to fish from 330 PM to dam near 8 PM. Arrived an hour + before low and fished both bare worm and then the worm bag when my 18 jumbos starting running low. Not much action at all except a big old cat until around 630 when the wind died out and the sun starting to set - bam - big rod bender. Few minutes later with the help of guy fishing next to me, I netted my 3rd cow of the spring run - 38" and ready to drop her eggs. Handled her with care and allowed her to swim away to go do her thing. Stayed another 1.5 hours with a few taps but nothing to show for it. Gona take off today but hope to be back at it Saturday....thinking high tide but we shall see. so far 2 were closer to low and one was near high - go figure!

TF
Excellent , dude ,
Keep it up .....
it was a great season for you so far .......

·
Registered
3,887 Posts

TF
Nice report and thanks for handling that breeder gently.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Swap shop in Brooklawn had bloods today so I got a dozen and headed out around 2.No stripers but a big cat about 9 lbs. and perch.Went through 10 worms in 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got out finally this afternoon for a quick outing around low/ incoming. The shorts (16”-20”) were chewing and I saw two really nice fish landed around me. The wind was a lot stronger than I thought and the river was a beautiful shade of chocolate milk brown.

On a side note - saw these animal remains (I think?) at the water line around low tide. Anyone have any clue what it could be?
View attachment 452125 View attachment 452126
EEL?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got screwed today ,

BADFISHBAITANDTACKLE-610-716-8343 Essington,PA can meet you at the dock!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts