BASS BARN banner
221 - 240 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
This one week self ban is a good thing. Otherwise I’d have to report just how bad of a fluke fisherman I am.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Started slow but ended up fast> Went to LE and three hours one fish and then it turned on--got three man limit in an hour--nothin big but good day--many throwbacks. Not many on reef today

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Aside from rain, the bay is flat as pancake. No wind. Just crossed Rt 52 into OC. Fishing was likely good early the morning. But then again I wouldn’t know good fishing 🤷‍♂️😕

·
Registered
13,741 Posts
Aside from rain, the bay is flat as pancake. No wind. Just crossed Rt 52 into OC. Fishing was likely good early the morning. But then again I wouldn’t know good fishing 🤷‍♂️😕
wind is supposed to pick up, no?

Tonight
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Gusts up to 20 kt this evening, then 20 kt late. Seas 5 to 6 ft. A chance of showers with a slight chance of tstms early this evening, then a chance of showers late this evening. Vsby 1 to 3 nm early this evening. Swell mainly from the SE with a dominant period of 14 seconds.
Fri
NW winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft. Swell mainly from the SE with a dominant period of 15 seconds.
Fri Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt, becoming N 5 to 10 kt late. Seas 6 to 8 ft. Swell mainly from the SE with a dominant period of 15 seconds.

my timing is bad, but next week I hope to hit something somewhere

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Yes the wind will pick up with the front moving off but it’s NW. the surf will be phenomenal tomorrow and Saturday. Long period swell.
I’m hoping to get out in the morning before the high tide but it’s looking more like Saturday for me.

·
Registered
13,741 Posts
I think the surf wilk be dirty tomorrow. Maybe Saturday will be cleaner

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
I fished a few bridges this morning and got in about an hour of fluke fishing near the GE inlet. It’s safe to say all the fluke have moved offshore. I didn’t get any hits around the bridges except for what was a small sea bass that bit the paddletail off. Water was dirty in the back until the high tide pushed in cleaner water. But that didn’t make the fluke fishing any better at least for me. I saw one boat catch a short. Then the wind picked up out of the SSW. Then I met the family at the Strathmere beach for a bit. The wind kept up up, the water was surprisingly clean. Still a bit of a swell. I was tossing an artificial but really couldn’t get any distance with the wind against.
I did hear FMTuna call someone on the radio. I was going to ask-where have you been?
Heard the chatter from the boats out front. Some were limited out others were like me.
Water was 72.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Tried behind OC for the incoming. I had a 17” right away and then a couple shorts. I fished that area for about another hour til the top of the tide with no other fish.
Moved to the inlet and there were pretty big rollers coming in. Decided to go back to my spot and made a long drift on the outgoing but no fish.
Tried a bridge with a pink bucktail and artificial but no takers.
came home a did a bunch of chores to get aheadof my Hatteras trip coming up.
I may get some time on Tuesday to head out, looks like the only possible reef day. Then fluke will be over for me unless I get back out before I leave.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
I’m gonna give it a shot tomorrow morning early. Mojo will be out too. Who else is trying before the season closes Sunday?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I will be out not real sure what to do, gonna go look at the inlet and hope the weather is not what they say.

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
17 Posts
I went out last Saturday to site 11, from the first drop we had action, unfortunately we we're catching Sea bass and they we're not in season! Got a few flounder, they just happened to be short! All in all, was a fun day, we got over 25 fish total with 5 legal sized sea bass, the biggest was 17 inches.

Well, going out Sunday morning if the sea conditions allow, till next time, tight lines!

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Packed up and ready to roll south. Dixieland here I come.

·
Registered
755 Posts
My buddy jumped on board with me and we were fishing the bridges and rock pile for tog. We picked up 3 short tog and 4 sand sharks. Switched the flounder in the inlet, had one short and I missed a nice hit. Tog and striper from here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fished out front of Cape May today, enjoying those 5 ft seas! Picked up a couple of spot, small sea bass, small blue and a short flounder! Was a nice morning though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My buddy jumped on board with me and we were fishing the bridges and rock pile for tog. We picked up 3 short tog and 4 sand sharks. Switched the flounder in the inlet, had one short and I missed a nice hit. Tog and striper from here
Where were you fishing, Cape May?

221 - 240 of 240 Posts