BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, an update from an earlier post.

Just got it PA inspected, good through March 2006. I am looking to sell it before March 31st so I don't need to re-new the tags.

posted 11-29-2004 01:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last year,on a lark, since I was "retiring",I bought a 1983 Winnebago that needed some TLC. Mechanically, I have done what was required to get it through PA State inspection last June.

I got it inspected June 15, 2004 and have put 115 miles on it since then. Guess I have hardly used it!

This includes brake work, pads, brake hoses, a front and rear shock, exhaust system work, Idler arm, lights, etc.

I also completely replaced the cooling system with a new hi-efficiency 3 core radiator (lifetime guarantee), all heater and radiator hoses, thermostat, et al.

So I now have a vehicle that runs very nicely, is mechanically good. I will be happy to email a scanned copy of the repairs if anyone cares to see them.
Unit can sleep four. Mary Poppins washed the curtains, they need to be re-hung. The unit does NOT have a generator at this time but has a space for one.

Problem, I don't have time to work on or use the vehicle, since my retirement really hasn't happened. Our company just got several new projects in China and for the next 18 months I am booked pretty solid, as well as having another year's work on a Canadian project.

This is probably the worst time of year to sell one of these vehicles. But, if I sell it, fine, if not, I don't care, I think it is a fun machine to drive.

You can put your 12 ft or longer rods in without knocking them down, and it will hold a ton of gear. For you guys that hunt, plenty of storage room for your guns and gear and buddies.

It would also be good for family use.

Hold it to 55-65 mph or so and you get 11-14 to a gallon of regular. Over that the 4 barrel can and will kick in.

It has a 350 cu inch Chevy with a 4 barrel

I have a bit over $3,000 invested to date, but I will be happy to sell it for somewhere in the $2,500 neighborhood.

email me for more information, or call me on my cell. 610 823-8694.

Vehicle is currently located in Reading, PA.

[ 02-28-2005, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: DopicDick ]

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Any pics.? Sounds like a great opportunity. Someone that has kids should jump on this. What engine?

I have a 30' motorhome that I bought when my kids were small. Greatest thing I ever did for them. I wonder if I can tow the Minnie behind my 30'?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimbo and Irish Wake:

Emailed you guys pix, and jimbo, i added this in bold above:

It has a 350 cu inch Chevy with a 4 barrel

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emailed pix to Irish Wake, Brian Joyce, Jimbo and Snapper Head.

Hope you all got the zip file with 8 items in it.

[ 02-28-2005, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: DopicDick ]

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PL

Zip file emailed.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark, pix sent.

San-Man,

Your profile does not have your email on it. If you want me to send you Pix, email me. Mine is in my profile.

DOPIC

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
What work needs to be done to the interior? Does everything inside work or were there only mechanical problems that you've since corrected?

btw, I got the pics...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What needs to be done to the interior would be your choice. Not much, really. It had a vinyl covering on the ceiling that most had been removed. Let it be, paint it, contact paper, whatever. It had a roof leak. I have fixed that.

I wanted to put a new plywood layer in the cab bed to assure full strength. This is the double bed that is above the cab Captain chairs. It is simply, cut one piece of plywood to a pattern and clamp and glue it in and you are done.

Other than that, the curtains are cleaned and in the drawers.

I was thinking of putting mini blinds up instead but that would be your choice.

I plugged the unit in, and all but one of the interior lights worked. I tried the roof air, the compressor comes on. Did not wait to see how it cooled.

The cab AC works, for when you are driving somewhere.

I did not get to try the sink water pump or the shower or toilet. I expect they work.

Actually, a weekend or so on cosmetics and it should be fine, IMO.

The camper body itself doesn't show any rust.\

Bear in mind it is an 83, but I think it's rather cool.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To the top. Getting an ad together for the local paper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can you send me the pics? [email protected] I have been trying to find a place somewhere in the Reed's Beach area, all of the places that I can stay can't accomodate my dog as well. This might be just the ticket..

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Patty Rea,

Pix sent

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Master Bait

Red Cherokee