BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 23' pilothouse with a 200 four stroke and was thinking possibly upgrading my prop. My current prop is a Stainless Ballistic 14 1/4•17" pitch, I was wondering what other maycraft owners have and their results. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The holeshot is weak, i would like to improve it, rpm range is fine tops out at 6000. I was wondering what propellers guys have on their maycrafts w/ 200 four strokes.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
What kind of hole shot are you looking for in a heavy 23' pilot house fishing boat? It's not a bass boat....with the price of fuel, I would be more concerned with a good economical cruise...but that's me...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of hole shot are you looking for in a heavy 23' pilot house fishing boat? It's not a bass boat....with the price of fuel, I would be more concerned with a good economical cruise...but that's me...
The boats not heavy at all it's 2800lbs, it's a small 23'er. The problem is the big 200 yahama four stroke in the back, all I'm looking for is a little better than what I have now. Looking mostly for other owners specs on their props and see if they have similar or better results. I understand its not a bass boat and that it's a pilothouse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 23 with a F150, no hole shot problem, but I couldn't get to 5000 rpm. I had the the 14.5x17 turned into a 15 which fixed the problem for me.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Rusin..he changed the pitch of his prop from 17 down to 15 and picked up 400 rpms or so and made it a little easier for his engine to spin it...your rig is probably heavier than you think if you add in the weight of the boat, the engine, the batteries, fuel, gear, etc...you are probably pushing 4500 pounds...I am surprised to hear that his single 150 pushes that boat at a satisfactory rate..I have 2 on my 23 footer..but its fat and heavy and hold 200 gallons of fuel......I had a 200 2-stroke Yammie on a 21 Mako and spun a 14.5 x 18 prop...I cant tell what deadrise the hull has as they only publish the draft at 13"....what is your WOT? Are you winding up to the manufacturer specs? With a light boat low on fuel and just you, you should be near the top of the range so that when you are loaded and heavy you are still in the rpm range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.