BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More details to come, but here's some pictures. Boat is currently wrapped for the winter at Jim's Marine in Galena, MD. 1987 hull, Twin 2000 225 Johnson's with 200 hours each. Ton's of room in this Center Console Cuddy with a 10ft beam. All interior hatches were replaced last summer (2005) with black starboard fitted with stainless hinges. This is one heck of a boat and a rare find at that. $35,500 or best offer.

[ 01-11-2006, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Retriever_II ]

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, sorry. I wasn't planning on putting her for sale this winter and did not take pics of the inside this year. It has new white cushions insideand with a portable heater.. No sink or fridge, but space for a portable toilet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, sorry. She's sitting on the trailer now and we use it to sometimes haul between Chessie and DE Bays.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just want to chime in on this boat. I sold it to Bart and will show it in NJ in the spring if he wants. I dragged this boat back from the other side of the country to find the best FULL transom WIDE beam boat for the bay. I wanted to go out in most of what the D-bay had to offer cause I only have one day off a week. If you miss an early or late season Sunday for stripers everything seems to change ;). I could put her on the pins and be back to Bidwell in no time. While I rarely took her out, Tom at Bayway will tell you that this is the fastest boat in the marina (including the go-fasts). I have most maintenance records at the rate of $2,000/year (got everything done winter and spring).

First this boat is one of the best riding CC you are going to find. She has a ten foot beam and 29'5" without the engines. With a 3 ton displacement it will knock of few steep waves down in the bay.

The hull was completely re-glassed and gel coated in 2000. The old whaler drive mounts were removed and the entire transom was redone. I have pictures from the yard that did the work. A new Armstrong Bracket was added that has been foam-filled. The ENTIRE boat was rewired along with new controls (Morse twin "S"), Hynautic steering, wash down and pumps (3) and oversized bennett trim tabs. Floscan

All the pipe was done in 2000. The t-top, radio box leaning post/seat and bow rails are all custom aluminium, powder coated. Most of the pipe is 1 1/4".

Electronics:
Ritchie Compass
Furuno FCV 667 (color sounder
Garmin GPS Map 230
JVC marine radio DVD
Standard marine speakers
Furuno 1731 mark-3 radar
Most flush mounted in overhead box.

Shore power with breakers. Four gel batteries (RCN $345 each) and twin switches.

Everything for fishing 10 HD Lee rod holders, five in the top, two on the leaning post, etc. As much fishing stuff as you want to get the deal done, downriggers, TLD's, international II's just ask.

All new cushions, wrap around booth enclosure by Graham's Canvas and headliner in cabin last year

171 gallons of fuel, tank done in 1999. Hoses and Racor filters 2004.

1996 triaxle trailer with SS brakes, E-winch

Appraised for insurance purposes at $88,000 (FMV) and replacement cost new is $152,000.

With the work that Bart has done, she's perfect and ready to go.

[ 01-16-2006, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: DrewSmith ]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bart, Guess I should change my signature.

Surveyed and x-rayed in 2000. Console, deck and inner-liner were removed to check bulheads and internal FG stringers and core foam. Was not going to rehab the boat if the hull was note 100% sound. Bonded then fastened with new SS oversized hardware. Aluminium plates bonded under deck liner for T-top and transom for bracket mount. You could drop this boat from 20 feet (not recomended) and the hull, top and outboard-motor bracket would be intact.

[ 01-16-2006, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: DrewSmith ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined this forum, but have been a longtime lurker. I have seen this boat on a thread on The Continuous Wave and I felt compelled to make some comments.

First off ,I owned almost the same exact model of this boat for 7 years, see my homepage on my profile, under "other albums", there are many, many pics of the hull and cuddy which is the same as Barts and will help answer some questions.

It is the most hands down, AWESOME riding center console I have ever ridden in, let alone owned. There is NO close comparable ride, I used to take my 27 out to the canyons quite often in all kinds of weather. This boat is EXTREMELY stable running and at rest, it will knock down any spray, and easily ride over any seas.It will sustain its higher speeds in a rough sea without knocking you around.This is not your old 13 Whaler!! The cuddy is a very large cuddy with alot of dry storage and will hold a ton of equipment. The indeck wells/boxes are bigger then those on alot of larger sportfishers.

On this SPECIFIC boat, I can tell you that if I were looking for this boat again , this SPECIFIC boat would be on the VERY TOP of my list. All the issues that I would be concerned about have certainly been addressed, from fuel tanks to the transom, to decks.....everything.The "Gaurdian" model from Whaler has a much thicker glass layup than the standard Whaler and uses much heavier materials overall. To say this boat is overbuilt is an understatement!

I cannot speak to the condition of this specific boat, as I do not know Bart, nor have I seen this boat,but the pics seem to tell it all.I can tell you this price is EXTREMELY fair given the amount of work that has gone into it, and the fact that it is the commercially built Guardian model.

The buyer of this model will NOT be disappointed

I sold my Whaler last summer, not because I didnt LOVE the boat, but because I was looking downsize due to lack of use

Sorry my 1st post is so long, but this ad warrants this commentary.

[ 02-02-2006, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: MONSTAFISHA ]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts