BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
28' Pursuit Walkaround.

Have a shot @ a 1998 28' Pursuit WA, this is the boat that has the helm in the center of the boat. Price seems right, boat hasnt been in the water for over 2 years, engines have VERY low hours on them, Yammie 225 4 strokes. Anyone ever been on or run one of these? I have been on a couple CC Pursuits, ride nice but wet. This boat has a full enclosure. Just curious.

Thank You.

Mike

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Have a shot @ a 1998 28' Pursuit WA, this is the boat that has the helm in the center of the boat. Price seems right, boat hasnt been in the water for over 2 years, engines have VERY low hours on them, Yammie 225 4 strokes. Anyone ever been on or run one of these? I have been on a couple CC Pursuits, ride nice but wet. This boat has a full enclosure. Just curious.

Thank You.

Mike

Thank god my boats out of the water :eek::razz::razz::razz: Capt Rob

Call Me in the am. Going to bed

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have run and worked on a couple of 28 pursuits. They are well built boats but not always the easiest to work on. They are not the best head see boat they like to pound. The other problem I had with one was that the transom was actually to high causing the engs to break loose when you were just tring to run back up for a drift at low speed. We had to remove the engs and cut the transom down. Pursuit did pay for this but that was 5 years ago and I believe the boat was a 2000 model year.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Yo Mikey
When You go ask Your Wife if Your allowed to have the Boat You should wear this shirt:wave::wave:

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
BTW Mike,I talked to Ralph at Snug Harbor and He told Me to tell You that all 120 slips in the new section are spoken for:wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
As far as the deal I would have to hear a number and some more details, but Pursuit builds one of the toughest boats floating.. Send me some details(or the link to her) and I'll shoot you back a valuation on it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the useful replies once again, Dunk & Chazin'

dont worry Adam, if it goes through and I get it, I will be keeping it down that way, not sure about in snug, but I am sure I will be running all up and down yours and scotty's drifts in the fall, no doubt. thanks again for more insults, appreciate the thread hijacking.

And to think that someone on here actually called me classless for some of my comments. A perfectly harmless thread with an honest question and you guys have to destroy it, thank you.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Awww take it easy Mikey...you could've called me any time and asked my opinion!

Pursuit builds a solid boat. Those F225's are great motors. If you're serious about getting it, just make sure you get the boat looked over and have Robby give the engines a really good look over. If all that goes well, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Awww take it easy Mikey...you could've called me any time and asked my opinion!

Pursuit builds a solid boat. Those F225's are great motors. If you're serious about getting it, just make sure you get the boat looked over and have Robby give the engines a really good look over. If all that goes well, you should be good to go.
Adam, do you know about the 03-04 Yam F225 manifold corrosion problems??

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Adam, do you know about the 03-04 Yam F225 manifold corrosion problems??
Dunk, I do. Not all units are affected. I know of numerous people with that vintage 225 that have not had that particular problem. If I were looking at a boat with those engines, I would definitely look at them closely for that issue. A good Yamaha tech can tell ya if the motors are heading downhill. However, outside of that issue from a reliability perspective there are few outboards that are as proven reliable as the 3.3L 200 to 250 horespower four stroke Yamaha V6. Additionally, in a LOT of cases, Yamaha will provide parts if the customer supplies labor for this fix...even on engines out of warranty.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Really Adam, that was some funny A$$ stuff there, those pics were great, vicki is still laughing, she asked me if I was serious.......how often am i serious?

put em back up u terrorist, I am gonna start calling you Kadafi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.