BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out at Midnight at my normal haunts on march 1rst.
Fished until about 3am between three bridges and a sodbank with
what I expected...nothing..Just nice to get back out
On 3/2 My friend and I traveled to around the beesleys point/ somers point area which I dont usually frequent...Fished that area pretty hard from about 10pm till 3am..Nothing at all....Very quiet
Last night which was the 3rd things changed....
traveled to an area where Ive never fished before...north of avalon...south of atlantic city....this was last night....Hit a bridge Ive never been on before but hear a little about t......Spent 10 till 11 last night with no luck....I bought some frozen saltedd clams earlier in the day since For the past few years Ive been hearing about clams and blodworms in early march...Im not a bait guy at all...hate it....rather stick to my artificials....Was underneath of a bridge ...north of avalon...south of atlantic city..threw on a 3 oz weight and tied a clam on a fishfinder....Current was rippping thru the bridge and was just aking my weight and ripping thru with the current...
Took off weight and bang........got 4 fish in a matter of an hr...FLOATING CLAM WITH NO WEIGHT..Great to fight again....Fish were between 23 and 26 with one keeper at 28......Let him swim again due to the fact this fish was scary skinny...pencil like alomst... told myself this year I would bring my camera along and try to put some pics in my reports......Of course I forgot the camera last night.. I was not around any "warm" water just a spot ive never tried before.....
Hope I am not burning any spots..........Their out their fellas.....Cathem up.....

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know....I took off my leader and weight....Tied on a kalins half oz jig head....and put about a half a surf clam on it maybe less and just kept hooking it.....Casted out and let it float back under the bridge....

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Nice work! I might take a look around tonight...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
BK have'n it his way:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Ill be poking around our area this weekend. Might have to add salted on a jighead to my arsenal - way to make it happen with what ya got.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Way to go dude...There are alot of active bass already. We had a geat few days up in barnegat bay...some were in the warm water, and some were out on the open bay. Should be a good week ahead:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.