BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a SJ lake today. Was real windy and hard to get around on the electric so we anchored at different spots. Ended up with 7 pickerel, 2 largemouth, and 1 fat perch between the two of us. Water temp. reached 50 at around 3:30. Once it warmed up, the fishign did too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tapout,

You had a good day. You probably would have done better with the bass if not for the wind. The wind makes it tough to feel the strike especially with stickbaits, jigs, etc. I am not going to Marsh tomorrow because the turnpike is closed. I'll be heading to the river. Glad you had a good time today.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yo Tapout,

Where in SJ if you don't mind me askin.I went out today and got skunked with my fishin buddy.Got 3 lmb yesterday but had trouble jiggin in the wind.I was in Mt. Laurel area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tapout,

You had a good day. You probably would have done better with the bass if not for the wind. The wind makes it tough to feel the strike especially with sticbaits, jigs, etc. I am not going to Marsh tomorrow because the turnpike is closed down in the A.M. I am going to go to the river.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Wind %$#*&!

No doubt about it the wind can be difficult, positioning the boat and fishing at the same time when there is heavy wind can be frustrating. Last Sunday we tried to manuever through the wind, even drift (that was a joke), and did get some hits at various parts of the lake, mostly on spinnerbaits, but were not able to stay in the area long enough to work anything effectively. Can anyone relate to this?
The wind was also taking its toll on the battery and we decided to go up wind and barely anchor, kept a short line to make it easy to raise when that bite stopped and used the battery to move to those other areas where we got the bumps earlier.
Ended up with 16 bass between two of us, average 2#, biggest was 3+#.
I think the wind was OK after all, as long as you can find a pattern where it can be used effectively. You can actually use it to hide behind and work those lures or live bait.
That was just one day on the lake, I'm sure next time all of what was leaned Sunday will change, that's why this sport really $%#ks. LOL, but I'll be back, it beats watching someone else fish on TV.....the winter was long enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts