BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3/19 Report..Big Delaware River Striper

3/19 ..pouring rain, top of the outgoing..I have 2 poles out. After about a half hour my biggest pole (luckily) bends in half and after about a 6 or 7 minute fight and almost getting spooled, I landed this 36'' striper, easily 15ish pounds. Biggest fish I've ever caught. Bloodworms. Lower part of the river.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Nice fish and a better job with the camera not giving up the spot you or should I say we fish at..lol. As my buddy says....Fair weather fisherman are wooseebags!

Jersey Mike

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
What do you consider the lower part of the river

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nice catch robnj88. The fact that you caught it in the rain just heightens the experience. The old adage... you can't catch 'em if you ain't fishin'.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Great Job!
Nice looking fish,did you release or keep?
Nice and warm today,I was set to go right from work but didn't.Somethin told me fishin would be good today.
Good Luck this season.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cobia Keith....she was released to fight another day. I really don't keep too many fish that I catch, I do it more for the sport

·
Registered
89 Posts
>>>CONGRATS dude

F***n A good job Rob.. Told ya cpl degree's warmer.. My buddy Z was on the other side where I pointed out to ya but he got chased out by the rain.. Hey Rob Missingtwo is my jersey bro who showed me that spot.. cpl years back.. Congrats again...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Nice fish... Looks like its time to get my poles out :D

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Nice fish!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone..that was definately the best fishing experience of my life. I had terrible luck with the stripers in the fall down the shore, probably because it was my first time fishing for them. But all of the skunkings and endless hours spent trying last fall taught me alot and I guess its starting to pay off..finally lol

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Stick with it . if I am right on guessing where you are , if you put time in one twice that weight will hit you real soon . If she was up there on a flat , a whole mess of real big fish will be there within the next month . Good job keep at it . Try night time as I have always caught bigger fish at night .

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DaPlumber said:
Should be able to get one in the mid to upper 30's (inches) week coming up .
you posted that in one of my threads on the 11th i think...RIGHT on the money ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts