BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished 7:30- 11:30, and ended up with the nice fish. Two of the fish ate heads the other was on a fillet, all caught on fresh herring. The water didn't look that bad compared to last time I was out. think I would have done better if the tide was running better. I be back out in the morning weather permitting. Fishing in 17' of water near the barge. Alot of boats out there hopefully there will be some better report.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice report John....Where do you find herring down there? Marinas a good spot to try. I usually am North of you for shad in the river. usually only run down when the shad is in the toilet.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I am buying them at herbs tackle, Got fresh yesterday and went back today to get some fresh for tomorrow but they were out. I never went out to catch them before myself

·
Registered
132 Posts
johnrogers said:
Right now I am buying them at herbs tackle, Got fresh yesterday and went back today to get some fresh for tomorrow but they were out. I never went out to catch them before myself
Ok thanks...Maybe this year if I strike out on shad, stripers can pick me up. Water looks very calm..Buddy sent me a few pictures and report on Good Friday. Water was anything but calm or clean.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fishbreath13 said:
Great job and thanks for the pic's. Will be out there tomm. in the am..... from elk neck sp. Hope they get some fresh in for the am. Rob
I be out there tomorrow too. I will be in a 17' Maycraft. The weather might be iffy tomorrow but I am still going to give it a try as long as its not to bad. Fresh is the key, hope they have some fresh in the morning. be careful on the way out alot of logs and debri around.good luck

·
Registered
527 Posts
J R ---- are there any rocks down that part of the river? Is a fiberglass boat alright to put in there? I used to fish Port Deposit years ago and many ROCKS!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FishingNJ4ever said:
J R ---- are there any rocks down that part of the river? Is a fiberglass boat alright to put in there? I used to fish Port Deposit years ago and many ROCKS!
No rocks at all there. My boat is fiber glass as well, just have to watch the debri out there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts