BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to have my limit before most of you guys wake up :D ! And hopefully a couple of Tiderunners.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good luck! Water was marking at 57 deg.today -- prime for ALL fish now. Gnats were real bad too. Also, the fish and game pulled along side of the Whaler today and checked the cooler --- was reminding me that fluke starts tomorrow. Maybe he should be down at UPS checking vans! Hopefully nobody started too early!!! Leave a few runners for me!

·
Registered
75,120 Posts
Guys keep these post coming. I hurt my back carrying new furniture in Thursday for the wife?s Bday today. I can?t even walk. I am looking at my boat right now dreaming of being in it ? this really sucks. Usually it takes a couple of days to get better. Save some fish for me. Posts some Pixs
Good luck!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I have a confirmed report of 8 keepers - first one caught at 3 am.

I am getting hungry
Pulling the kayak out of the shed this am and getting some meat to tip some bucktails - Jodi wants dinner so this isnt a fun trip - its strictly business - seek, capture kill and eat

·
Registered
696 Posts
Opening day was good to us. FishNFool and myself met up with Iggy and The Greek looking for the pretty fish. We had our fill of blues and decided to change tactics and hunt for fluke around 2am. Jim and Ted continued their hunt for tiderunners. Joe got us started off with two "just short" fluke. The blues came back and pestered us until the tide turned. At the turn it was "on like donkey kong". By 3 am. I had the first keeper of 2006. We proceeded to box a total of 8 keepers from 17 1/2 to just shy of 20 inches. We also had a half dozen shorts, a bunch of misses, and several blues. The bite continued into first light, which is also when the gnats started to blitz. With 8 fish in the box we decided to skip the protein breakfast of bugs and head for home. It was great to finally meet Iggy and The Greek. Ted, thanks again for the gift! All the fish were packed with mud and grass shrimp as well as a few mantis shrimp.

Here I am with my soon to be dinner.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Nice Fishaholic. Sorry I didn't come over to say hello, but you were fishing hard. I stopped to pick up that plug from Joe.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nice meeting you guys last night although we didn't get to talk much. You and Joe got em good. We didn't have the luck we hoped for but not a bad night all in all. Gnats were horrible and the sods were flooded. Went crotch deep in the mud about three times.

Here's Iggy with a nice one.

My first keeper of the year.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Great to finally put faces to barn names!!!! Wish would have had more time to chat but everyone had a game plan on what they were fishing for and Flatties were on my List..

hope to see you guys more, keep in touch.

Joe

Ted thanks so much for your work!

[ 05-07-2006, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: FISHNFOOL ]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Nice flatties. I was out there tonight and the wind was a steady 10-15 mph out of the NNW, with higher gusts. Not a tap anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts