BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Respobse to Billy BB. I re-read your post on removing the treble on the back end of an artifical.
I understand now what you're talking about regarding a deep throat hook up. Your suggestion was to remove the treble at the end of the crank bait to save the fish.
Dude, I understand and will take the steps to do just that......
Sometimes it takes awhile to sink in........Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah. Bob, I had the same thing happen to me. I didn't understand the concept right away, and then I had to read the message again. It wasn't clear at first, but the light bulb became brighter after a while.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Sorry I wasnt more clear guys. It's just a little something I do that I think helps not only me but the fish. And like they say, "what's good for the fish is good for fishing". You will want to test baits that you do this to though as some lures such as mine have a strengthened action while doing this others wont. If you look close at the pic of the big Pickeral I caught you can see the lure with the tail hook removed hanging out of the mouth. I don't ever have a problem with hookups doing this either as Pickeral will bite more then once when attacking a lure. Try working the bait with a slow stop and go retreive just under the surface of the water where the water gets the most sun throughout the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts