BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
35 Henriques coaster vs. 28 Carolina classic

Just would like everyone's option trying to help a buddy make a choice. 1992 Henriques Maine coaster 35 300 hp engine Cummings or would you opt for the 28 Carolina classic a late 2008-2009 model. Mainly for Striper, sharking and offshore overnight.
Would like to know the good the bad and the ugly.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Both good boats but the Maine Coaster will take you 3 days to get to the canyon:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Love the fishing layout of the Main Coaster but have heard some negative things about the speed and its performance in a Following Sea.

·
Registered
16,333 Posts
This is like comparing a straight 6 work van to a V8 camaro. Your buddy needs to decide what kind of boat he wants 1st...single engine or dual, diplacement DE hull or Deep V planing hull then compare similar models.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
you know they say all boats are either girls or boys ...if the like it on the chin and not from the back they are boy boats but if they like it in the back but not the chin they are girl boats

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
I have never run a 35 Maine Coaster but I have heard all of the stories. With that said, they were built for about 20 years so there was a good demand for that hull and there are a lot of them on the water. Very few are for sale. The owners I have talked to like them and most have owned them a long time. Some are work boats, some charter and some pleasure. And the factory revived the name.:rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.